Post Placing a banner on my invision board. How?

I am a new at programming and want to add a banner rotator to my site. Kinda like the one on WHT. I want to place a 468x60 banner in the top right of the invision board. I have a rotating script I am already useing on my website. I just need to add it to my forums.

I am unsure where to add the code in the forums code and unsure which file to add it to. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

In your ACP go to Skins & Templates > HTML Templates > Manage HTML > (Quick Clicks) Edit Board Header

Hope this helps
    Eric
    Last edited by internext; 03-03-2004 at 01:11 PM.

Exactly....or you could create a wrapper and just code the banner into your design. We own a few IB forums and do that with all of our forums.
    - Sean

Originally posted by gowireless
    Exactly....or you could create a wrapper and just code the banner into your design. We own a few IB forums and do that with all of our forums.
    Thanks, is that a better way to do it or is that just the way you like to do it.

u could place phpmyadmin better than all that

I am trying to add this code into the header board:

<?php
    require "adrotator/ad.php";
    $advertisement = show_ad();

// page shows something here
    echo $advertisement // the banner appears
    ?>

But it wont read it. Do I need to try some other code? How does a wrapper work?

I am just useing a simple php banner rotator. I am not needing anything big or special.

This code works fine on my website, but just don't work with Invision. What am I doing wrong, does anybody know?

I think the problem is that PHP code in the Invision HTML templates isn't parsed.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

What can I do to get it to work with IPB.

Its pretty much impossible to use an include of any kind in the header. Its just not possilby (believe me, Ive tried it).

In the end, I installed phpAdsNew which is a seperate banner management software, (very, very good sortware! - get it) which allows you to use javascript to call the banners. Stick the javascript into the board header - check it out at www.trials-forum.co.uk

Thanks tomturd, I will get it. If I have truoble useing it can I ask you about it threw email or PM?

Yeah, feel free to email\pm me