Dedicated Server for a newbie.

Hi.

I am a newb at Dedicated Serveers, I have never had one before.. I am getting one in a few days.. here's the link: http://www.aitcom.com/content.php?id=16

Do you think it's a good one to start out with? I can't pay more then $50.00 each month, not even a buck more.. and it has no setup fee's, which is awesome.. my question to you, is: Is it worth the money, to start out with? What are your opinions on it?

Jesse

Be sure to search the forums. There have been some recent negative feedback on AIT.

AITcom seem to be the best you can get for <$50

But I wonder how you will administrate the server. No WebAdmin mentioned.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Hello,

I would recommend you www.kcnetpro.com

Why? because they are very good, have cheap prices (servers start at $39)

You get directadmin (which is a veerrryyy good controlpanel!)

But did you ever manage a server before? Because when a server is in datacenter and you crash it, it can cost quite some money!

Kevin Overtoom

(by the way, the prices on their site are not the correct ones, search on WHT Advertising forums for them. There you can find there prices.)

Im not sure about you guyz, but i would never purchase a server with other than cPanel, but again you wont find a cPanel server for <50 .... Thats just my opinion.

well, my clients like direct admin a lot more then cpanel!

With the beatifull persephone skin, and the autinstaller by l0rdphi.

I even think it is better then cpanel.

Aboul have you check the forums of directadmin? Or did you look at the demo. It is really worth a look. (don't look at the default skin ! )

Jesse, what are you going to be using this server for? If you are planning on running a web hosting server and packing a bunch of people on, I would check out the price for having the price for having ensim licenses for that many people. You may want to consider going with the cheap servermatrix computer, and get CPanel with it.

The cost difference is not that large, and your customers will like you a lot more .

However, if this is going to be a personal server, then I think it is just fine and I hope you let us know how your purchasing/user experience goes.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Originally posted by vaanie
    Hello,

I would recommend you www.kcnetpro.com

Why? because they are very good, have cheap prices (servers start at $39)

You get directadmin (which is a veerrryyy good controlpanel!)

But did you ever manage a server before? Because when a server is in datacenter and you crash it, it can cost quite some money!

Kevin Overtoom

(by the way, the prices on their site are not the correct ones, search on WHT Advertising forums for them. There you can find there prices.)

Hi everybody.

1st off, I'm going to be using this to host a large amount of people (hopefully) and as this is my first dedicated server, I am looking through all of it.

thanks for the info about AIT, I will read more into it.. thanks Kevin for that link, I'm gonna lread through it.. I will post more info in a few minutes about my decision..

Jesse

Question.. what CAN I use with that AIT server to administer the system; asI can not pay anymore then $50 for any extra software.. and thanks for the link Kevin, but I can't pay the $25 setup fee.. although it looks like a nice deal.

I just don't know what i'm going to do right now.. I think i'll just get a reseller account somewhere, although I really want a dedicated server.

Jesse