Search Engine Optimization , which service provider is the best?

Hi all,

I want to use paid Search Engine Optimization service for my client. I never use this service before, so your advices will be highly appreciated.

1. Which service provider I should use?
    2. Is this service valuable? worth money?

Thanks,

never use, but i heard addme.com and submitfire.com quite good.

I subscribe to http://www.highrankings.com/ 's newletter. It's pretty well written. You may want to read some back issues and their forum to get a feel of the industry before committing money to someone.

NOTE: I have not used their SEO service. I just read their newsletter.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

There are a lot of SEO companies around. Some are "scam" some are pretty good. For example - http://www.bruceclay.com is one of the best, but if you're not ready to spend at least $10,000, don't bother to contact him

Best SEO is sometimes to do it yourself. Of course there are a lot of good SEO companies out there but also a lot of scam which use things like "door" pages to get vistiors

Rsu
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

search google for 'Search Engine Optimization '

chances are the one at the top is quite good

but before you start its best to read up, theres a lot you can do yourself with guides on webmasterworld and sitepoint being quite good.... may bring the overall cost down or be so good you wont need them

You are very wise grasshoppa...

Originally posted by kibble
    search google for 'Search Engine Optimization '

chances are the one at the top is quite good

A very smart deduction. Kudos to ya.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Ben Franklin
    Twice Tied Laces

Absolute Genius

Originally posted by fuse1982
    never use, but i heard addme.com and submitfire.com quite good.
    Submitfire looks pretty good..anyone use them before?

SE do not like automatic submissions!

Well, I have read some tutorials and mostly are optimizing your codings and stuff.

So what are they actually helping us?

have 2 clients who use Webgravity www.webgravity.co.uk with great results, its very expensive though - I think the mid range package is about £4000 per year, but their clients include cartoon network, freeserve.com and dotmusic.com - most of the submissions etc they do are manual which is where the price comes in.

I think if you dont have a huge budget dont bother using any company as you could probably get better results yourself.

www.greenlight.co.uk aren't cheap but are very very good
    Nickki Steptoe

There two ways to do SEO. One is via a Sponsor Link for example Yahoo!Express/Overture -- you're looking probably at about $300/year, which is not so bad; however I never used them. The second way is to actually find someone who specialized in SEO. You need to find someone who's been doing for a long time and can show you referals of his/her customers.
    If you want take a look at www.yournew.com as I have seen his work and he delivers results. Good luck!

Originally posted by dnakarlson
    [B]There two ways to do SEO. One is via a Sponsor Link for example Yahoo!Express/Overture -- you're looking probably at about $300/year, which is not so bad; however I never used them.
    Overture is PPC (Pay-Per-Click) search engine. That's means you bid for your position. The higher you bid on your specific keyword, the higher ranking your website get. SEO cannot help you much with Overture or other PPC search engines. SEO firm only can help you choose your potential keywords to bid on, and help you increase your ROI (Return-On-Investment) by optimizing your salecopy. Actually, you pay for your rankings. The more visitors visit your website through PPC, the more money run out from your bank account whether it converts to sale or not.

However, the free listing get more visitors and converts more sales like 8 times than PPC listing. And you don't have to pay anything for listing.

The second way is to actually find someone who specialized in SEO. You need to find someone who's been doing for a long time and can show you referals of his/her customers.
    You should carefully select an SEO firm. Some SEO companies can cause your website banned from search engines in the future. Look for professional SEO with prompt support and can provide you his clients rankings in major search engines. Search engines always change their ranking algorithms, look for a company that their clients are currently ranked very high because some SEO experts never update their knowleges.

Good Luck

Hello

I am new member, But i will advice that you should see the work done by them first and ask for clients

This is not true that the companies which comes on number one in google on keyword "Search Engine Optimization" can rank you in top 10, also their prices are very high.

Jagan

Your account is disabled already? Says a lot!

Personally, I would never use somone for SEO whos site isn't even listed in google - if they can get their site up there in the rankings - like position 1-20 or so then they can surely do quite well with yours!

If you do not have huge money to spend, then i suggest that you do it by yourself.. all you need to do is some research and time.

Originally posted by techytina
    If you do not have huge money to spend, then i suggest that you do it by yourself.. all you need to do is some research and time.
    I agree...all you need for SEO is time and research.

Let say if your try to do it by yourself for 6 months, you may never can make your website listed on the top of search engine for 6 months either. Why don't you try this, go with good search engine optimization for some period ot time. A, to make your website achieve top rankings. B, to start making more sales and generateing more traffics. C, to make people awares of your site. And D, to educate yourself in SEO field. Then from there, you have a better chance to success if you decide to it do by your own.

Good Luck