Please recommend a quality host for an important client.

Hi,
    I am doing a project for a local company and the uptime is crucial, I would like to put the website into the hands for a respectful company that will not let me down. My part is just developing the site but I will also be the webmaster for it, therefore, I do not want any extra headaches.

Cheers

Scan through some of the reviews here and you may find what you are looking for. Hope it helps

Good luck!

Scan through some of the reviews here and you may find what you are looking for.
    While sandee29 is right, that could take a very long time...

Why don't you try to use the new quote feature http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php and then see which company has good reviews here (I believe you're familiar with the search feature by now).

Maybe posting what requirements you have and your budget in this thread could also help in receiving more specific recommendations...

Good luck!

Re: Please recommend a quality host for an important client.

For my part, I have been with www.dnspixel.com few months ago. The server load and uptime have been quite impressive. I recommend them.

Hope you best of luck.

Pair.com is a very good option for the sound of this client.

I would recommend going for ATLEAST semi-dedicated hosting or something similar if uptime is critical for you.
    Maker of World's BEST Browser & Web site development software.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated *Managed* Web hosting on Linux / Windows with 99.5% Uptime Guarantee with SLA & 90 days moneyback guarantee.
    Contact -> AIM: str1997 | ICQ: 303026849

I recommend www.venturesonline.com

But as "Str" said, if the project is crucial for your client I would recommend a small dedicated server. This way other customers will not have much influence on your uptime.

Originally posted by Walter
    I recommend www.venturesonline.com

But as "Str" said, if the project is crucial for your client I would recommend a small dedicated server. This way other customers will not have much influence on your uptime.
    Hey Walter, I referred to semi-dedicated hosting not small dedicated server which of course could be an even better choice if budget permits

I know it's 7 am.

A dedicated server, however small demands a level of proficiency to manage, unless it is fully managed or something, which would be a bit expensive depending upon your budget.

What I recommended was "semi-dedicated" hosting in which a server is divided in very few accounts in comparision to the number of accounts on a normal shared hosting, thereby increasing the performance and decreases the chances of faliure.
    Maker of World's BEST Browser & Web site development software.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated *Managed* Web hosting on Linux / Windows with 99.5% Uptime Guarantee with SLA & 90 days moneyback guarantee.
    Contact -> AIM: str1997 | ICQ: 303026849

I would ask a prospect for their 3rd party uptime stats (and make sure they cannot adjusted.)
    That tells the story... and if they just started 2 months ago that might not reflect the true nature of the server.

Originally posted by amd_duron
    Good suggestion.l

Yes... as long as it fits the budget, Pair is a great choice... or so I've heard...