Thread: FTP site

* FTP site

I would like to get an ftp site where I can upload graphic files (around 10 MB each) and have someone else log in and download them. It needs to be somewhat secure. What is the best way to set this up?

Can I use a normal host who offers 5 FTP’s (Best-machine.com) and use one FTP for my website and one for uploading/downloading graphic files? What if I want to have a few different usernames and folders ie: client 1 can access folder 1 client 2 can access folder 2.

Is there a better way to do this?

Any info or links to info on this would be great.

Thanks,
    Kerri

Hi Kerri,

Im not all up on all control panels that hosts offer but i do believe that Any host that offers Cpanel and FTP accounts will be able to help you out.

You can manage all your ftp accounts under the control panel, such as username and password and what folder it should direct to.

Good luck

yep thats the way to do it. like others suggested here, its available in most hosts, that offers a control panel and ftp accounts. Most host gives atleast 3 ftp accounts (unless they are very limited).

Good luck!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Most hosting accounts have options for multiple FTP account. On CPanel, for example, you can define a user that can access only a subdirectory.

Another way is to let users download the files from http using an authentication method (the simplest is to protect directories with user/pass)
    Daniel Toma
    eName.ro

IE has a built in ftp program try it

ftp://YourUserName.com@YourDotCom.com/

and when the box comes up put in your password

You can copy and paste right off your hard drive
    Life is Good,OleTom
    World Wide Job Search