Really dumb newbie question about making an ecommerce site

Hi all, thanks for looking, i was searching through this forum all night and im still confused so I'll just ask to see if anyone can help me. I run an ebay business but I want to migrate to full fledged ecommerce from my own site, i have a distributor ready to purchase from and everything (computer parts) and I have no idea what I need and what I dont need.

I have a domain at dixiesys and it's currently being redesigned, but after its redesigned where do I go from there? Mostly I want info about CC Processing and shopping carts. I downloaded OSCommerce and plan on paying someone to integrate that into the site but the problem lies in CC Processing, what exactly do I need to get it working?

I dont want to have to go with 2checkout or ccbill, etc.. because their fees are very high and im in a low margin business and every percent matters. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do from step 1 (nothing at all) to the last step (charging people's cards and having money in my checking account)? If you can AIM me at digitlhail so we can talk, I'd be grateful, any help at all at this point would be awesome too. I'm sorry about the long winded post, I hate being a newbie!

osCommerce already has the scripting needing to connect to Linkpoint, Auth.net, Payflow, etc: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/...ons/category,1 When you get a merchant account - you will get an internet payment gateway (similar to the terminal).

When you apply for a merchant account, you will be given some information on the gateway. You should be able to give your programmer this information & they should be able to integrate it into the osCommerce. If not, locate someone who knows. It is a pretty easy accomplishment..

Hi Chrisoh,

As Corey mentioned, it is a fairly easy process. First choose an Internet Merchant Account provider you're comfortable with (based on rates, customer service, etc..).

After this, you will need to make sure the appropriate module is installed in osCommerce (some are pre-loaded into the base osC snapshot, others will have to be manually added).

Your host should be able to help you with this and steer you in the right direction for osC customization and support.

Best of luck with your project...

I still cant believe how nice everyone here is, thanks for all the info!

osCommerce also has an ebay module. This allows someone who has won a bid on ebay to be directed to your shopping cart and
    allow them to pay at the price they won the bid.

Others that did not win may also purchase the items(if more than one available) at the regular price.