Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Aletia

Forum Jump

Aletia

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2001, 03:16 AM

Angry

Aletia

If you visit the forums at Aletia you'll find growing frustration at the moment, secondary to servers going down, poor response time from support, and lack of communication. The folks seem well-intentioned, but perhaps growing to fast. Plus, it seems like when there's problems, they take a wait and see attitude before really getting in there and substantially addressing it (changing out the equip). I sure hope they can back back to where it sounds like they were.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2001, 04:49 PM

i haven't had any problems with them... where's this frustration you're talking about?

Old 10-30-2001, 05:25 PM
Meerkat on Steroids

Quote:
Originally posted by erratic
i haven't had any problems with them... where's this frustration you're talking about?
mikethechap is actually right. Several customers of Aletia are really a little bit disappointed. Aletia has some problems in the last time (downtimes, failing SMTP server) and I can understand that people are not happy about that, but I would not say Aletia's service or support is going down. They might not be as great as the people are used to, but for now Aletia is IMHO still a good and recommendable webhosting company.

Alexander

Sitemeer.com ● Instant Uptime Check
Full support for HTTP, HTTPS, custom TCP and international domain names

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2001, 05:26 PM

thats strange, maybe the machine i'm on is ok because i haven't had any problems whatsoever lately.

Old 10-30-2001, 06:15 PM
Web Hosting Guru

I also got several error messages from the monitoring service, but generaly speaking, it's still a good service.

Old 10-30-2001, 06:25 PM

which service do you use?

Old 10-31-2001, 06:30 PM
Web Hosting Master

Aletia's support decline I'm guessing is because of one of their machine's being down. They have had to deal with a lot more support because of that and also are working on fixing it...

I find that they are still nice and helpful, and I haven't really had any problems.

Old 11-11-2001, 10:56 PM
WHT Addict

Is this thread considered old?

I'd like to say that some of the recent failures at Aletia have been user
propagated.

http://www.aletiaforums.com/showthre...&threadid=1037

Even a looping script sometimes won't bump the load over the 'notify admin mark'.

Just a thought.
I'm still incredibly happy with the service they're providing.
I even put together a little movie about them that I might release soon.

--Adam Hallett

Old 11-11-2001, 11:03 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hmm

I just signed up for a second account with them... it's been 36 hours and no account details yet, but this is a minor quibble.
Their site and payment acknowledgement email does advertise a 24 hour setup.

I've had the previous account for about two weeks and have not had any problems. I'm quite satisfied to this point.

Old 11-12-2001, 12:07 AM

Smile I'm happy with them now

I'm happy with them now. At least right now the support isnot slow ,and server speed is ok . Sometimes , specially the weekend, they reply so fast ( within 2 hours, they and I exchanged 7 emails total) .

Hope they will improve better and better . Their first plan is ok, but the second and the third is a little high (their $30/month plan is equal to hostrocket's $15/month plan) . They should give some more space for it .

Old 11-13-2001, 04:01 AM
WHT Addict

Talking Eh?

Have over 20 sites with them - never had any problems... superb company. Love 'em!

Old 11-13-2001, 04:07 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

As hosts grow there will be slight ups and downs as they adjust and Im sure theyre growing pretty quickly, but I doubt that they are going to hit a downward spiral or anything, and seem like a stable company in both the near and long term outlooks.

Old 11-13-2001, 04:13 AM
ex-Aussie

I get the feeling Aletia has grown pretty quickly since they started. With that sort of growth sometimes things can get a little slow in regard to personalized support. Generally speaking if they're a good company (which all reports suggest they are), they'll be putting things into place right now to handle the added demand.

I think it's a case of, if you've been happy with them in the past, hold on while they recover from their growth spurt Having a server go belly-up is always going to put a strain on support no matter how big you are. Once they get that fixed, I'm sure things will return to normal for the rest of their customers.

Greg Moore

Old 11-13-2001, 04:47 PM
Junior Guru

RE: Aletia

I recently signed up with them, and emailed them with a question this morning, and got a response back in about 3 minutes. Can't get any faster then that. All my previous responses before I signed up, were returned in a matter of minutes also, always under an hour.

Good luck,

David

Old 11-14-2001, 11:23 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Just one thing that I am not happy with Aletia is that ,they said they give us static unique ip . And when I ask them, if they give us that ip, so I can request for the reverse dns of ip (like if dns domain.com >>> ip , and when dns ip >>> domain.com) . When I ask that , they make a new page ( I guess, because there's not that page before) and said that I have to pay $15 for that .

It's not worth to pay that, so I stop asking . Man .

Last edited by WebUser; 11-15-2001 at 12:06 AM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted