Thread: Return of DROA

Return of DROA

While I don't for a minute believe that these scuzzbags were shut down, I had several months of never hearing from them with their "renewal" notices for domains. Today, there were 6 letters from them regarding domains I have, or that have my details for mailing (with client permission).
    Time to warn your clients again about these guys again...and again...

No matter how many times I warn mine, I still get the same few that are ready to mail in payment.

Got a few other day ...scumbuckets.

Because of these guys, Enom reselleers are blackballed at other registries.. (meaning that ppl wishing to transfer to Enom have to go thru more steps by physically CALLING and OK'ing the transfer request). Went thru this with a client and it took a MONTH to get resolved...

Originally posted by ArtieFishill
    Got a few other day ...scumbuckets.

Because of these guys, Enom reselleers are blackballed at other registries.. (meaning that ppl wishing to transfer to Enom have to go thru more steps by physically CALLING and OK'ing the transfer request). Went thru this with a client and it took a MONTH to get resolved...
    This is impacting the business of many enom resellers yet enom turns a blind eye. I do not know who is more responsible the morons at DROA or enom

Domain Maven

we'll if we all do our bit ...
    reporting them to the authorities,
    sending them their fake invoices back with no postage on,
    educating our clinets about the scumbags
    then eventually they'll go bust anyway

alternatively we could simply exterminate the fvckwits who fall for the scam, thus cleasing the gene pool a little ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

This is impacting the business of many enom resellers yet enom turns a blind eye. I do not know who is more responsible the morons at DROA or enom
    if they pay their enom bill, and dont breach the T&C's of their ETP agreement what *exactly* do you expect enom to do ?

Hey, maybe i disagree with your business tactics, call it a scam, enom going to shut you down next ?

reporting them to trading-standrads in the uk or equivalent in your nation - they'll get investigated, they'll get fined etc.

even if enom shut their a/c (for what legal reason could they ?) tey'd simply open another elsewhere ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Precisely. I had a long talk with an Enom rep when this first surfaced (but after the suit that made them say "transfer"), and they said there's nothing they can do. DROA is making loads of money from this, Enom gets their cut, and no rules are broken.
    Smarmy, yes, but not law/rule breaking.

exactly, what they are doing is legal and profitable.

enom can't shut them down or what they are doing. just try to block them.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Send them back other junk mail you get.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Originally posted by Bashar

enom can't shut them down or what they are doing. just try to block them.
    Legal is questionable. I think they have been fined by other countries for these tactics so I would not say it is legal, profitable for them I am quite sure
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by bear
    Precisely. I had a long talk with an Enom rep when this first surfaced (but after the suit that made them say "transfer"), and they said there's nothing they can do.
    Enom are not concerned with this kind of thing, if its making them money they won't act. When the rep said "there's nothing they can do" he is really saying "why close them down when we can deny responsibility and continue to make megabucks from their account".

Regrding the FTC the order was really about changing the word in the letter I think.

I think they had to make some kind of restitution as part of the deal
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by Bashar
    I think from the FTC order it was pretty clear they weren't acting legally, whether they are now acting legally is perhaps unclear.

The FTC would not be involved if it was legal
    Domain Maven

Misleading customers is illegal.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com