.org registry updates

Hi

Does anyone know how longs it takes the .org registry to update? I changed some whois details nearly a week ago and still no change

Cheers

I don't think its the registry's problem because it should be updated within a few mins.

You might want to contact your registrar regarding this matter.
    Toeki - a Fikarast Co., Ltd. business (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, Bank Transfers and all crypto currencies (BTC, ETC, LTC ...etc)
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net

The registrar is enom. Their whois shows the change instantly but when I check it using other whois like whois source etc. ther has been no change at all ?????

Have you tried the whois on the registry website?
    www.pir.org
    Toeki - a Fikarast Co., Ltd. business (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, Bank Transfers and all crypto currencies (BTC, ETC, LTC ...etc)
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net

No, I hadn't but I just did and no change there either. I spoke to enom and they said that .org registry is not like .com and it takes longer than 24 hours etc. In fact they said that there is no regular update with .org and it just happens at random. Is this true?

For all I know it could never happen

Yes, PIR - the .org registry updates their database every FEW MINUTES; did it a lot of times with EV1, an OpenSRS/Tucows reseller. However, I have had experience with eNom resellers similar to what bandari mentioned here. It seems that eNom is NOT communicating well enough with PIR (eNom's whois updated but not at PIR). Don't know if it has anything to do with the RRP-to-EPP transition.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Thanks nameslave, I thoguht it all sounded a bit fishy

This is causing me a lot of problems. How long did it take before your details updated?

it was old issue with enom which is fixed now.

i change info at enom for .org names and its almost few seconds and changes take place!

try re-updating the domain and see what happens
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

I change a couple of domain over the weekend and the changes were visible @ enom immediately and @ PIR withinthe hour

Take Bashar's advice - change it again see what happens, it *could* be that the EPP update sisn't get processes @ PIR

this has happened a few timesnot just with enom held domains, several time opensrs updtaes to the registryu have simply failed to get processed, which leaves it as a manaul job for PIR, which gets doen when they feel like it !
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

The PIR is extremely fast at updating its databases. This is from first-hand experience.
    Have you Floble'd today?

enom had a bug with this. I think it is fixed. Try again and let us know
    Domain Maven

I wish they'd fix the 2nd address line bug next

Thanks for your input and suggestions guys,

I did try and change again but all that happens is that enom whois gets updated and not the public whois. I have contacted enom and have asked them to escalate the matter to the techs and see if it is indeed a bug.

Seems like Enom is batching updates.

Well, that is what they told me initially, but a week is a long time to wait to run a batch don't you think?

What is interesting is .org is EPP based which means it is using a "thick registry" all updates are sent to the registry as they are made and stored. This is what the protocol is designed to do. It appears enom is using their system as the point of reference(as required for RRP) instead of using the registries like EPP is supposed to do.
    Domain Maven

Enom still lists under my account 2 domains that were moved to another registrar (and owner) more than 2 weeks ago.

even dotster/namesdirect lists com/net/org domains if you transfer them away!!

i still get notices fro namesdirect about a .com domain i moved 7months ago thats its due to expire
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi