how-to? recover email password in cpanel

im out of town and want to check my webmail, ive been using pop3 w saved password so long i dont remember it.. how can u recover password for email from cpanel?

Instead of recover password for mailbox... can't you just change password for that mailbox?
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

Re: how-to? recover email password in cpanel

Originally posted by milkmycow
    im out of town and want to check my webmail, ive been using pop3 w saved password so long i dont remember it.. how can u recover password for email from cpanel?
    Change the password directly in the "add accounts" part of the E-mail Management area in cPanel.

If you also forgot your cpanel password, try to login for 3 times using you username and any wrong password, and you'll be given a option to have a new one sent to your e-mail.

Re: Re: how-to? recover email password in cpanel

Originally posted by rsferreira
    Change the password directly in the "add accounts" part of the E-mail Management area in cPanel.

If you also forgot your cpanel password, try to login for 3 times using you username and any wrong password, and you'll be given a option to have a new one sent to your e-mail.
    That'll be a bit of a catch 22 situation if the email address the cpanel password is sent to is the email address who's password you are trying to change.
    Shared Hosting - Servers in the US and the UK
    Reseller Plans - For ultimate reliability
    WebAttention.net - Hosting made easy

is it possible to trigger the automatic resending of the password to the email address on file, without submitting 3 fasiled attempts to logon?

Originally posted by kimrari
    is it possible to trigger the automatic resending of the password to the email address on file, without submitting 3 fasiled attempts to logon?
    no, there's no another way to send it (that I know of). But why would you need it?

Related Posts from theWHIR.com