Exclamation I need a good afforadable, reliable host!

I checked out IXWebhosting they looked great, until I found out they were scammers with fake review sites setup by their owner to drive traffic to his hosting.

How about Lunarpages? They look cool....

Is there anything that is reliable and has good support for a price range of 7.95 to 15.95 a month?

Help!!!

Liste'em!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldnt count on Lunarpages support, its been reported that its slow and sometimes non-responsive.

There are quite a few hosts that provide reliable support for your budget, you could try the Host Quote feature or take look in Shared hosting offers forum.

Alternatively you could look back on older posts and look at others experiences at different hosting companies.

The choice is yours! Good luck
      0 Not allowed!

there is lot reliable hosting around here, did you try HOST QUOTE on top http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

Make your own list, or google for one of the comparison sites. There are tons of good companies, but it's up to you to do your own shopping.
      0 Not allowed!

I highly recommend you http://www.ultramatrix.net Their cutsomer support is really nice. You can chat wtih them on msn and ask all your questions they are always there when i need help. Also they allow you to cutsom your own package. just talk to one support on msn. [email protected] they will help you out right away.

I've just signed up Ultramatrix.net less than 20hrs ago. and now i alrady got my domain transfered and everything setup ready to go. just need to restore my site and everything will be fine. Awsome Service. the Best I've experinced.

I can't tell you about the server uptime or bandwith and such coz just join ultramatrix.net yesterday. But i can tell you one thing for sure. Their support is the best! I've already did many researchs on different webhost past 3 days coz my site got suspended by aplus.net and after so many research and exchanging email with differnet host. Ultramatrix.net is the one i pick
      0 Not allowed!

doesn't everyone want a reliable host? Search around here there are some great ones to choose from .
      0 Not allowed!

Drache, why don't you wait a while until you've actually used their service before you highly recommend them.

Trust me, you are doing them no favors with your post.
      0 Not allowed!

I use http://www.ximagerynetwork.com for most of all my hosting. The owner is great, and the customer is service is A+. They have a live support chat and there has not been a time that the person on the other end couldn't help me.
      0 Not allowed!

Be prepared to pay a bit more for good support and reliability, most of the time the more "bang for your buck" you get the lesser quality the support and reliability is. Brain Hosting actually is one of the few hosts I've see that has really good support and reliability.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    Drache, why don't you wait a while until you've actually used their service before you highly recommend them.

Trust me, you are doing them no favors with your post.

Please don't frame me. I am just telling the truth and excetly how i feel about this Ultramatrix. I pent 3 days searching and searching until i found this webhost and they helped me out thru msn with my setup and everything. Very good cutsomer support unlike some other companies saying 24/7 support but they were never online (*Points at aplus.net, aplus.net biggest scam company i've seen). But since i singup until now ultramatrix's staff is always online on the msn. I haven't seen them offline yet.

I did point out in my ealier post I can't say how good the server bandwith and uptime is becoz i just joined. but so far their cutsomer support makes me really happy. I will update my review for ultramatrix after 1 month when i really tested the server

I like to recommend good stuff and point out the bad stuff to all members. But please do keep 1 thing in mind I only recommend the things i've actully experinced my self not just hear from anyone else.

I post my opinions in here is becoz i find WHT very useful, If i know this place before i join aplus.net i wouldn't join them and edned up wasting money and time. So I want to share my experince with the WTH forum members so that they won't make the wrong choice.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by 4Hosted
    I wouldnt count on Lunarpages support, its been reported that its slow and sometimes non-responsive.

There are quite a few hosts that provide reliable support for your budget, you could try the Host Quote feature or take look in Shared hosting offers forum.

Alternatively you could look back on older posts and look at others experiences at different hosting companies.

The choice is yours! Good luck
    What a bashing, where did that come from? Did you email /dev/null or something?

Do me a favor, just send an email over to [email protected] and the service will speak for itself.
    I like to help
      0 Not allowed!

Hi, just to try and clarify, my post was actually in response of host rocket and not lunarpages.

I had read these reviews http://www.webhostingratings.com/pla...ocket_com.html
    and mistakenly got lunarpages mixed with host rocket.

Not an easy mistake to make, my apologies for confusion caused
      0 Not allowed!

"ASP servers have php safemode on"

Can you please explain this? I emailed thinking, I'd be getting you but this is what they told me. I want to have access to both ASP & PHP on the same server, but I don't know what PHP safemode is? Will it still run the same??
      0 Not allowed!

hostrocket.com
    hostgator.com
    lunarpages isn't bad
    stay away from aplus.net

In my opnion
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Megadeth
    ... but I don't know what PHP safemode is? Will it still run the same??
    PHP Safemode is a server configuration for running PHP within its own virtual sandbox. From a security point of view, this is a good thing, and it does protect the shared server from some typical PHP exploits.

However, the biggest problem with safemode, is that a lot of downloadable scripts will simply not run, or not run well in a safe mode environment. If you are writing your own scripts, you can certainly write workable scripts to function within the safe mode environment, however with off-the-shelf scripts it can be a nightmare.

Most of the well known hosts on here, have found ways to run PHP with safemode set to OFF, without having issues with their servers.

If your scripts do not explicitly say that they are designed to run in a Safemode = ON environment, then keep searching for host that will give you full functioning PHP.
    Kerry Slavin
    Reliable Solution Internet Services
    http://www.reliablesolution.com
    [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ReliableSol
    If your scripts do not explicitly say that they are designed to run in a Safemode = ON environment, then keep searching for host that will give you full functioning PHP.
    Ok, so I just markedd lunarpages off my list... anyone know any other good one that offers ASP & PHP together with no safe mode crap. I love "off the shelf" scripts, so I need to have the full functionality!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Maximiliam
    What a bashing, where did that come from?
    This IS Webhostingtalk
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: I need a good afforadable, reliable host!

I checked out IXWebhosting they looked great, until I found out they were scammers with fake review sites setup by their owner to drive traffic to his hosting.

How about Lunarpages? They look cool....

Is there anything that is reliable and has good support for a price range of 7.95 to 15.95 a month?

Help!!!

Liste'em!!!

I just signed up with them, but you can try www.olternit.com
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: I need a good afforadable, reliable host!

Originally posted by deffy
    I just signed up with them
    Who IXWebhosting or LunarPages ?

Please remember I'm looking for a host that offers both ASP and PHP usage at the same time without a php "safemode" turned on...
      0 Not allowed!

Eh? We do not have safemode in php enabled... Who told you that? I want to know so I can punish them
    I like to help
      0 Not allowed!

Eh? We do not have safemode in php enabled... Who told you that? I want to know so I can punish them
    Will Ingram told me this! One of your support dudes!!
      0 Not allowed!

Must be a new guy I will write him up!
    I like to help
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: I need a good afforadable, reliable host!

Please remember I'm looking for a host that offers both ASP and PHP usage at the same time without a php "safemode" turned on...
    Sorry, we don't offer that.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Max....

Do you have good backup system? I also need to move my vBulletin forum at some point, so having forum backups is a major concern. My current host, would not allow me to backup my forum on my own with use of "Putty" the access was denied, then when I asked them to do it on a weekly basis, they said they would many times and yet it is never backed up. They did make a backup once but it wasn't a single "dump.sql" file like I would get using Putty instead it was a trillion little files. I honestly don't think they have a clue as to what they are doing and I am concerned I am going to lose my forum DB when I move.

Help LunarDude!!
      0 Not allowed!

We have a good an reliable backup system, yes, and you will be able to take backups whenever you need it from your control panel and store at your own computer if you wish.
    I like to help
      0 Not allowed!

"good afforadable, reliable host!".. this must be a dream host..
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by domainwala
    "good afforadable, reliable host!".. this must be a dream host..
    Yeah it is... I can dream though can't I?
      0 Not allowed!

We have a good an reliable backup system, yes, and you will be able to take backups whenever you need it from your control panel and store at your own computer if you wish.
    Is your email address [email protected] ? I hope you are quick to respond to already existing clients as you are to those who are looking into your services! I see you are here answering peoples questions and in a pretty timely fashion. I know you have a long support staff, but I just wonder how involved you as the owner get yourself with issues that concern your clients?

Make sense?
      0 Not allowed!

Have him write on a blackboard..."I will provide correct answers" 400 times.

Must be a new guy I will write him up!
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.
      0 Not allowed!

Max!
    Last edited by Megadeth; 03-12-2004 at 02:35 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

There are no hidden charges, they are clearly defined. ASP and JSP does not come included in the original package.

Please email us for more information. Or our posts will just be deleted.
    I like to help
      0 Not allowed!

Oh ok.. cool thanks max!!!

Why do they delete? That sucks.
      0 Not allowed!

Please email us for more information.
    Sales inquiries should be kept off the board.
      0 Not allowed!