Newspaper Archives from 1940s

I've been beating around google for a while without finding what I need so I am hoping some of you out there know of a special website that carries this kind of stuff.

What I am looking for is ONLINE articles of newspapers from around the 1940s, maybe earlier or later by 5 years.

Does anybody know of such a site where I can pay PER ARTICLE instead of buying a "yearly" subscription, around $2-$5?

I found http://newspaperarchive.com but they only have a $80 yearly subscription, and I KNOW I won't be using it too much..

I appreciate any and all help.

(BTW, microfilm is out of the question..My subject is quite "rare", the ENIAC, and the local library has absolutely nothing on it..I've spent a lot of time on the Search Indexes without luck).

You're kidding right?
    Just google it!

http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa060298.htm

I don't think it is what I am loooking for..

I need a NEWSPAPER article, from the time period that is published online..and not on microfilm.

The link you gave me seems to be "general" information, and I've got enough of that from books here.

Any more info on this?

Some hidden resource out there on the net that can get it done?

Emil I am probably not much help as I never have done this myself. I had a quick look and see you can join newspaperarchives.com. It seems you can pay by the month. It costs $12.95 for the month.

If they have what you want you should be able to get a fair amount in a month.

Hope this is of some help.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

I have several pre-1950 newspapers. The classified ads are the best reading. From $4000 houses...to "whites only need apply" help wanted ads. Very interesting reading.
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)