Question Rack SPACE Dedicated

Hi,
    i am new here.
    I'm looking for a dedicated server with red hat enterprise linux operating system.

Someone can tell me something about Rackspace? In which way can i buy a dedicated from them?

Have they a good service?

Please let me know everything!

Thank you

You should probably do a little search
    ----> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=

When you say rackshack, do you mean ev1servers? Personally I'm just moving away from them after 2 years.

On the whole, they've been OK - in that the network and the machine are up pretty well most of the time. But I had a

If you phone the support, all they do is tell you to submit a trouble ticket to get it rebooted - whatever the problem.

When I started with them, they gave me a machine that was faulty, and then charged me extra to put a working hard drive in it.

You can get a better deal elsewhere.

(DOH! you didn't say rackshack, you said rackspace. I take it all back. sheepishly.)
    Last edited by simonrb; 03-08-2004 at 01:20 PM.

Originally posted by simonrb
    When you say rackshack, do you mean ev1servers? Personally I'm just moving away from them after 2 years.

On the whole, they've been OK - in that the network and the machine are up pretty well most of the time. But I had a

If you phone the support, all they do is tell you to submit a trouble ticket to get it rebooted - whatever the problem.

When I started with them, they gave me a machine that was faulty, and then charged me extra to put a working hard drive in it.

I'm pretty positive that he's talking about rackspace.

Originally posted by simonrb

Firstly, I doubt you'll get a better deal than EV1. Cheaper? Yes. But with their upgrades lately, the only thing slacking is support..

Now, I've never had them charge a customer extra to replace faulty hard drive...There's two sides to every story, and I am quite certain your side has left out some details.

However, as this thread is about Rackspace, it's all irrevelant anyhow.

Rackspace harbors (ed?) spammers for a long time, their abuse department is very uncooperative. They do not have top of the line bandwidth, and from those I've spoken too, their support is great if you contact them, but they are not proactive.

You can definitely get a better deal elsewhere

Try ServINT.