hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Anyone Ever heard of Global Web?

Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Anyone Ever heard of Global Web?

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2000, 10:54 PM

These mothers... ripped me off a lot of money, I was just wondering if I am the only one who got dupped plus I am actually contempleting what action I should take, .

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2000, 05:53 PM
Community Guide

Smile

What's their url?

Old 10-11-2000, 06:40 PM

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2000, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mhuka
These mothers... ripped me off a lot of money, I was just wondering if I am the only one who got dupped plus I am actually contempleting what action I should take, .
what happened??

Old 10-11-2000, 11:56 PM

They have their own servers I suppose and so I was going to be a reseller for them. At the seminar, the speaker explained that they had templates and a shopping cart so as to make it easy for an end user to create their own website (That was true but at the time I was more interested in reselling web space rather than web designing) The speaker also explained that I could upload files either using their application or using regular FTP (That was not true becoz I could only upload one graphic, just a single graphic at a time, regardless of the number of graphics you had). Thirdly, he said I could transfer websites from other hosts to their server(s), without loosing the structure nor content of the web site (False, I tried to move my website from my previous host to their site and I lost everything, I had to recreate everything from scratch, tech support told me I was out of luck if I did not have the original site saved somewhere. Listen to this, even with the website content, I had to use copy and paste, to recreate my website, defeating every reason I had joined them. ) My original plan was to transfer all those domains I had to them so I could make money on hosting as a reseller. I found myself having to spent more time talking to lousy support on toll calls. Needless to say I wasnít very happy and I started looking on the web for reselling plans and thatís when I learned what a mistake I had made. I think theirs is an outright scam because they only gave me 3 days to get a refund and they falsified information to get me to sign up. I was a fool to even have associated with these mothers.. but ignorance got the better of me and I should have no excuse, However if more people have the same problem maybe this could be an intelligent scam these people are running. I know there are probably no lawyers here but any and all help is appreciated. They took $4000 out of my pocket and here I am seeking your advice.

Old 10-12-2000, 09:29 AM
Web Hosting Master

siminar

Siminar usually = a scam ... Just my past experience, of course there are some good siminars out there.

Old 10-12-2000, 11:53 AM
Web Hosting Master

$4,000 is quite a bit of change, but did they violate or not deliver on what they said they'd give you? I'm not sure that the things you listed would stand up in court (a lawyer would be able to advise you better), but if you think you have a case, you should decide whether it is worth pursuing.

I agree with Charles to a degree. When I read, "At the seminar...", I knew this wasn't going to be good. I can tell you one thing. Seminars are designed to get you pumped up and generally tell you everything you *want* to hear. I assume this is what happened as you seem to have spent quite a bit.

Your post might save someone from making the same mistake, so if nothing else, you might get some good karma out of it. Not all that helpful, but maybe this post will find its way to others in the same boat.

ē Chicken

Old 10-12-2000, 03:12 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

what did $4000 supposedly get you?

David

Old 10-13-2000, 11:02 AM
Web Hosting Master

Sounds like a classic MLM scam. I hate those companies.

"Hey, I have this really great opportunity that I would like to share it with you......" ARRRGGGHHHH I feel like I need a shower now, yuck!

Whenever someone invites you to a "Seminar" or a "Great Business Opporunity" etc.., etc..., run like hell.

Just my opinion of course.

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Announcing the WHD.global VIP Pass Winner! Blog 2014-03-27 16:00:39
New GoDaddy CIO Arne Josefsberg to Oversee Global Cloud Infrastructure Web Hosting News 2014-01-15 11:15:29
WHD.global 2013: OnApp Shares Cloud Best Practices through New Website Web Hosting News 2013-03-19 07:33:08
New Heart Internet Study Finds UK Public Unaware of What Web Hosting Is Web Hosting News 2013-01-17 17:20:44
Level 3 Builds West London Data Center to Meet Customer Demand Web Hosting News 2012-08-20 13:13:07