Stay Away from Managed.com and its Resellers!

I was looking for a good alternate to servermatrix.com, I tried managed.com a week ago. They had out of stock for cheap servers (p4 2.4ghz, 85$) so I ordered one from Tomsyer.net

It took 5 days to install one machine, which is pretty long. After that, they sent my login/pass without even try. Machine was not working, it was not even plugged. Fixing it took 2 days more, they say its because harddrive. Now I can connect to SSH, but login/pass (root pass) is invalid. I still can't use my server. A week already past, however they charge money instantly!

SM was great, except instant AUP terminations (They don't even warn you!)
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Stay Away from Managed.com and its Resellers!

Originally posted by muratremix
    Can't say anything abt managed as we've never been through them, but...

The above has not been our experience. The few times the policy enforcement team at theplanet needed to get something resolved, they called *every* number on our account, emailed, everything.

-David
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002
      0 Not allowed!

Okie
      0 Not allowed!

did you try to get in touch with Tomsyer.net and he did not help you.

we manage some of the servers he sold the guys is wonderfull in support he does his best to keep his clients update he put all his time in this. I really get confused when i see such posts.

well at least do you home work contact them if they ignored you or they did not get you to a level that you feel good staying with them, then ok come here and say what ever you want.

sorry to say this but what i have seen from tom i would never accept any of this, he support better than most of DC's even the guy is just working hard.

my advice to you contact him and he will get you fixed.
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

I was looking for a good alternate to servermatrix.com, I tried managed.com a week ago. They had out of stock for cheap servers (p4 2.4ghz, 85$) so I ordered one from Tomsyer.net

It took 5 days to install one machine, which is pretty long. After that, they sent my login/pass without even try. Machine was not working, it was not even plugged. Fixing it took 2 days more, they say its because harddrive. Now I can connect to SSH, but login/pass (root pass) is invalid. I still can't use my server. A week already past, however they charge money instantly!

Not sure I understand this one... doesn't Tomsyer.net provide managed, managed.com servers?

If so, why is this managed.com's fault?

Sirius
      0 Not allowed!

I am sending mails to both helpdesk, tomsyer and managed.com

They say, they fix the problem, but then another problem appears. They don't even try to connect the server they have fixed!

Don't try to call tomsyer helpdesk, there is voicephone, you can only leave messages to there.
      0 Not allowed!

I am sending mails to both helpdesk, tomsyer and managed.com

They say, they fix the problem, but then another problem appears. They don't even try to connect the server they have fixed!

Don't try to call tomsyer helpdesk, there is voicephone, you can only leave messages to there.
    So instead of trying to figure out the problem (and whose problem it is), you're going to come in to a public forum and sling crap at everyone.

Makes good sense to me... hope it works out for you.

Sirius
      0 Not allowed!

i also bought a server from managed.com, via tomsyer.
    they made a mistake when setting up my server, as they installed fedora instead of rh9 but they quickly reimaged for me

so far their support are above average, most of them are really helpful, but one or two of them are ****

so i will give them a 8 out of 10 and i'm a happy client
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Boost
    did you try to get in touch with Tomsyer.net and he did not help you.

we manage some of the servers he sold the guys is wonderfull in support he does his best to keep his clients update he put all his time in this. I really get confused when i see such posts.

well at least do you home work contact them if they ignored you or they did not get you to a level that you feel good staying with them, then ok come here and say what ever you want.

sorry to say this but what i have seen from tom i would never accept any of this, he support better than most of DC's even the guy is just working hard.

my advice to you contact him and he will get you fixed.
    I like this from your site: Redhate 9 & Cpanel

Sco fan by any chance?
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up Tomsyer.com are good

I have a server with tomsyer.com and suport has been in my case perfect...I had a few problems to set up the whole thing, but I was assisted by IM by the support staff on both Saturday and Sunday evening and it was all sorted very quick. They were good too to sort out a problem with my Fantastico.

I have been with them for nearly a month, and even if I have been unable to use my server as much as I want because I have been changing ISP in last couple of weeks , nothing major to say, except a brief downtime, for which I was informed by e-mail straigth away...There was a DDos attack too, but thigns were taken in hand very quick too.

So I am very surprised to see you having problems with Tomsyer.

Their prices are the best around, I got one of those $55 managed.com servers plus Cpanel for $75. It was out of stock from managed.com since quite a while, but because of Tomsyer I "managed" to get one of those.

For someone like me new to servers and working on a not for profit project requiring large amounts of bandwidth this is perfect. As I live in UK, the current dollar/british pound exchange is very good for UK buyers, and so I think is extremely affordable (less than £1.50 a day, that is my costs for hosting).

Hope it all gets sorted out very quick.
      0 Not allowed!

Technics loool nah not me at all check you might get some on EV1 lol
      0 Not allowed!

Please see below Quote from orginal poster

Muratremix,

Your server was deployed but was delayed due to managed.com's stock and IP address situation. We than deployed your server on a saturday at that. At this time it was deployed it is a FREEBSD server. We stated in the welcome email to log in as admin and su to root. You than opened a ticket and we advised the same thing again and you stated it didn't work. We than tested this and confirmed it did work. We try our best to make every customer as satisified within our possible control/physical means. We try to suggest that if anyone has a problem with our support/billing/service to create a ticket rather than going pubicly and to try to solve everything in private. We have not had any voicemails from you either as any voicemail that does come in it gets sent to every staff member via email to provide quicker replies if needed. We do answer the lines live at times but to keep costs low and prices low we keep our overhead very low.

We would like to thank everyone else who has provided positive comments on our behalf.

Thank You,
    The Tomsyer Network, Inc.

0 Not allowed!

muratremix so how was that
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Tomsyer.com are good

Originally posted by jcr 1
    I have a server with tomsyer.com and suport has been in my case perfect...I had a few problems to set up the whole thing, but I was assisted by IM by the support staff on both Saturday and Sunday evening and it was all sorted very quick. They were good too to sort out a problem with my Fantastico.

I have been with them for nearly a month, and even if I have been unable to use my server as much as I want because I have been changing ISP in last couple of weeks , nothing major to say, except a brief downtime, for which I was informed by e-mail straigth away...There was a DDos attack too, but thigns were taken in hand very quick too.

So I am very surprised to see you having problems with Tomsyer.

Their prices are the best around, I got one of those $55 managed.com servers plus Cpanel for $75. It was out of stock from managed.com since quite a while, but because of Tomsyer I "managed" to get one of those.

For someone like me new to servers and working on a not for profit project requiring large amounts of bandwidth this is perfect. As I live in UK, the current dollar/british pound exchange is very good for UK buyers, and so I think is extremely affordable (less than £1.50 a day, that is my costs for hosting).

Hope it all gets sorted out very quick.

I got a major DoS on my box last month..but in my case they were helpless..and things were not taken care of, sadly my server was down for 2 days
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    People sure your server might go down or might have te wrong setup. But you got to rember we arn't robots. WE MAKE MISTAKES!!!
    Thats all i have to say.
      0 Not allowed!

ok? great..thx for that comment
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sirius
    So instead of trying to figure out the problem (and whose problem it is), you're going to come in to a public forum and sling crap at everyone.
    sirius,
    You should really open your own forum and call it "Praise Net." Where people are only allowed to sing praises about server providing companies.

You could even run commercials like the current Walgreen commercials for your forum. You know, where "everything" is perfect!

If it bothers you so much to read threads that say less than nice things about company (A or B), then perhaps you shouldn't read such threads. Rather than playing "hall monitor" and posting this week's variation of "Live with it sucker!" every time someone encounters a problem and posts it.

Last edited by Ishtaria; 06-04-2004 at 02:51 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Right Ishtaria,

And perhaps you could open up a forum called "Slam-a-Host" where baseless accusations from any newbie, who never bothered contacting the host, could be taken as fact. You could even run ads with the tag-line: "Don't understand, don't care to? It is their fault anyway".

This is a community where anyone can comment in any thread. So unless I missed when you became a community leader, I think sirius is fine in calling out a newbie who is perhaps confused about the problem, and suggests (maybe in a snarky way) to do a little research before bringing it to a public forum.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Tomsyer.com are good

Originally posted by jerry12304
    I got a major DoS on my box last month..but in my case they were helpless..and things were not taken care of, sadly my server was down for 2 days
    Did you really need to dig up a 3 month old post to add that info? If you want to share your experience, I suggest starting a new thread or adding onto a slightly newer thread.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

Instead of digging up old threads you can start a new one. Also remember to play nice when posting.
      0 Not allowed!