Cpanel 8.8 or Plesk 7, which is better ?

which is better please tell me.

Mercedes or BMW, which is better or even better red or black which color is better?

Seriously speaking, it depends on your requirements ...both of them are good control panels suitable for different ppl. Both of them have advantages and disadvantages.

If you are looking for reselling, then cpanel might be a better option as it's the most popular cp and is prefferred by most of the EU's ( more features )..on the other hand plesk is preferred by more corporate clients and is better for personal use IMHO. ( more stable )
    Maker of World's BEST Browser & Web site development software.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated *Managed* Web hosting on Linux / Windows with 99.5% Uptime Guarantee with SLA & 90 days moneyback guarantee.
    Contact -> AIM: str1997 | ICQ: 303026849

Red it makes you go faster
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Neither is better, they are both different and have different plus's and minus's.

From a web hosting customer point of view however, cPanel could be considered better as it is more popular.
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

Originally posted by Str
    Seriously speaking, it depends on your requirements ...both of them are good control panels suitable for different ppl. Both of them have advantages and disadvantages.
    Summed up perfectly. But black is stealthy.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

The only way to know which is better for yourself is to try the demos that are available on their respective websites.

That should help you with your decision pretty easily.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

it depands on your customers
    most of my customers find cpanel easyer or have used it before.

Plesk means "splash" in Russian, while cpanel is just an abbreviation for "control panel"...so maybe Plesk is etymologically more satisfying, though in my experience cpanel is the better solution.

Hey, I know the guys over at sw-soft. Maybe they can explain why more people prefer cpanel...

I'm not sure i'd use "most popular" as a basis to choose a panel. Remember if everyone offers it then you have to compete with their pricing. At the moment the market is flooded with cpanel offerings(again in my opinion)

In my opinion CPanel "was" by far the best unix panel in terms of the amount of features it offered clients and resellers and its "appeal" in terms of looks

Since Plesk 7's release though I dont think theres much in it at al

I'd really advise you trialling both their demos

Robbie

Originally posted by MN-Robert
    Red it makes you go faster
    The cops sure think so. I'm 18...my first car was a red Eagle Talon, and my car now is a red For Mustang. I've been lucky and only gotten pulled over once but cops follow me a lot. Around here they make it really obvious too, like the cop is in front of me and he pulls over and signals for me to go around and then stays behind me, lol.

Originally posted by dftchris
    The cops sure think so. I'm 18...my first car was a red Eagle Talon, and my car now is a red For Mustang. I've been lucky and only gotten pulled over once but cops follow me a lot. Around here they make it really obvious too, like the cop is in front of me and he pulls over and signals for me to go around and then stays behind me, lol.
    lol, wonder why they do that...

cpanel

plesk

just my opinion/2 cents

Yep, that's about all it's worth. There was some real excellent discussion here about cpanel and Plesk before you inserted your pukey smily. Thanks for toning things down. (It was only a matter of time before some cpanel lackey did it though).
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

lol

sorry if i'm too rude

I prefer Plesk - version 7 is just amazing Why is this topic in Hosting Software and Control Panels How-To anyways?