Thread: Technical Start

Technical Start

Ill start off by saying "Yes i to would like to start a web hosting business." I have a very strong buisness mind but my problem is i do not know the technical details behind running a webserver. I have a basic understanding of the unix operating system but i would need to know what i need to do exactly to provide customers with the services they need from a webhost. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be a big help.

Liverpool, England, UK.
    id personally recommend a reseller account to start off with. Then maybe in time you can get a small VPS account or similar just to play around with it and learn how to use Linux etc. Eventually, you will be able to move off the reseller account and get your own dedicated server - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002! & - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

You will need to find someone with more technical skills to work with you. Knowing the basics won't be enough to support your customers.