Mounting CD player in Car

OK, everybody here seems to know a lot about everything, so I was wondering.....I have a 2000 neon, and I want to take the factory radio/tape out, and replace it with this nice little CD/MP3/Radio deck. But, the dilemma is that the factory installed system is about 3 times taller than my new system. So, when I take out the old one, how in the hell am I supposed to get my new one to look good in the car. is there like some kind of kit that will fill in the empty space and sort of hold the new one in the middle or what?

Thanks
    Kevin

In my 97 Tracer, I had to get a mounting Kit for my pioneer deck. It ran me about $80 at the local auto electronics shop. There is a great website to order this stuff (my kit was $40 on the website, but I wanted my stereo installed for the road trip I was taking the next day).

I can't remember the name of the site offhand though.

if this is your first time i suggest you just get it installed, its worth the $40, the install will come out clean.

Well, actually, I have installed an identical deck in my truck....but my truck deck was the same size as this...that's where it's posing a problem to me...

So Invision, are you saying I should have soembody trained to install it for me? If it's only 40 bucks, then I might just do that

If you order from Crutchfield.com and let em know your car info, they'll send you a free mounting kit and instructions to install it in your car.

I've used them a few times - they aren't the cheapest, but with all the freebies they throw in I still use em (Not to mention, I'm a brand loyalty type of guy hehe)
    Jeremy D. Pavleck (jjpavleck(AT)GMail(dot)com)
    Over 10 years of Systems Management experience, at a discount!
    http://www.pavleck.com

Thanks, I'll check them out...I found a site that has mounting kits running from 15 bucks up.....and they've got kits for like every type of car there is....So, I'll look at this crutchfield place

Thansk

Originally posted by umpdiddy
    Thanks, I'll check them out...I found a site that has mounting kits running from 15 bucks up.....and they've got kits for like every type of car there is....So, I'll look at this crutchfield place

Thansk
    Just goto Pep Boys. I hate them, but they'll have it for the exact car and it will run you just like $10. I had the same problem in my Buick, unfortunetly I couldn't solve it entirely because of some molding issues...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

The last couple of times I visited Pep Boys the customer service was horrible (2 different locations). Haven't been to one since...

OK, sorry to drag up an old topic, but, I still don't have my stereo installed. This is my last problem, I promise.

OK, http://www.installer.com/kits/

Now, the 18th kit, and the 19th kit, are both for a 2000 neon. (IE:what I'm trying to install in)

But one is 'DIN' and one is 'ISO'

I've googled, and from what I've read, I can only assume that it doesn't matter which one you get, because they will both work. But, I need some verification on this. Does the mounting kit depend on the stereo? I'm so confused.

Thanks
    Kevin

umpdiddy, i don't want to tell you something that might influence you into buying the product and end up not having it working.

Go to www.vwvortex.com, sign up go to Community -> Car Lounge and post this thread there.

Hope it helps.

Thank you

Bestbuy does free installation if you buy a system over $150 or purchase a 4 year warrenty with it.

Originally posted by umpdiddy
    But one is 'DIN' and one is 'ISO'
    Kevin, DIN and ISO refer to the type of radio and the mounting. Non-DIN units were around 10-20 years ago, and only the lowest of the low end are non-DIN for the most part. I found this page which might explain it better...

http://www.installdr.com/Beginner/Radio.html
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Thank you thank you thank you!

Exactly what I was looking for.

OK, my stereo problems are over :-)

Originally posted by speedy007h
    The last couple of times I visited Pep Boys the customer service was horrible (2 different locations). Haven't been to one since...
    No comment .

I work for a company that is almost a direct competitor of them, excluding the fact that we don't actually take an hour to change 4 tires...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com