View Poll Results: Which One Of These Is The Best? Company Wise and Customer Request Wise.

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cpanel/WHM

38 40.43%
  • HSComplete

2 2.13%
  • PLesk

25 26.60%
  • Ensim

5 5.32%
  • Other

10 10.64%
  • Directadmin

14 14.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which Control Panel is Better, Mostly Requested By Customers?

Hey Guys,

How's it going, I'm not sure if someone already asked this question or not, but I would like to get a feedback, post in other words from both sides. The customers if they visit these topics and also from People running their own Companies.

Question would be simple, which control panel is basically the best and which control panels are mostly requested by customers? Also which control panel is totally brandable (graphics, icons, etc)

Anything would really help.

Warm Regards,

A.J.

Most people look for cPanel/WHM and then Plesk/Ensim come in 2nd/3rd place

Most requests?... Cpanel

Which is best?... Ensim Pro

Also depends on your target audience.... wht'ers (kids) will always ask for Cpanel... but business customers probably dont even know what the various control panels are, and hardly ever use them.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Greetings:

H-Sphere (http://www.psoft.net/).

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    wht'ers (kids) will always ask for Cpanel... but business customers probably dont even know what the various control panels are, and hardly ever use them.
    I agree but for the most part people in general do not have any idea. Take for example in the host quotes here at WHT. You will see several requests for CPanel on Windows which is just not available.

All of the CP's are pretty nice (frontends) for clients, some more powerful and useful than others.

Tracy Phillips

Which is most widely known (and therefore requested)? cPanel
    Which is BEST? DirectAdmin

A large majority of our existing clients are former cPanel users who now prefer DirectAdmin over cPanel hands down.

Hi,
    can you please add directadmin panel in the poll?
    Directadmin is very good, stable and popular control panel, so can you please add this so can do the poll?
    Thanks,
    Christos

Im Sorry, I'm Unable To Change It

Originally posted by icehosting
    Hi,
    can you please add directadmin panel in the poll?
    Directadmin is very good, stable and popular control panel, so can you please add this so can do the poll?
    Thanks,
    Christos
    Christos, I'd be happy to change the Poll and add DirectAdmin, but for some reasons, I do not have the permissions.

Warm Regards,

AJ.
    Computerpeople.org - Everyday Solutions
    $4.95 - 100MB,5GB,50 E-mail Accounts.

Re: Im Sorry, I'm Unable To Change It

Originally posted by catbones
    Christos, I'd be happy to change the Poll and add DirectAdmin, but for some reasons, I do not have the permissions.

Warm Regards,

AJ.
    Computerpeople.org - Everyday Solutions
    $4.95 - 100MB,5GB,50 E-mail Accounts.
    Hi,
    this is because only moderators can edit post.
    You can contact a moderator to add directadmin.
    (also if any moderator have read this can add directadmin?)
    Christos

Put in my vote for DirectAdmin. CPanel looks good on the outside (lots of slick skins), but it's buggy and flawed. DirectAdmin still looks decent and it's far better than CPanel.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

I have not used DirectAdmin, but cPanel looks more popular.

Well, we use Windows servers therefore our first choce would be Helm (Others..) But I have demo'd all of the other control panels when i was looking at linux servers but I would second DirectAdmin as MY fav. and H-Sphere as my second. (If this counts)

Originally posted by Sizzly
    Put in my vote for DirectAdmin. CPanel looks good on the outside (lots of slick skins), but it's buggy and flawed. DirectAdmin still looks decent and it's far better than CPanel.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    cpanel has a lot of 'bells & whistles' but also has quite a few bugs, and whenever they fix one, another one pops up.

Directadmin is better, and is coming along in the 'looks' department.
    I vote for Directadmin.

When I hosted sites CPANEL was requested the most. I also like CPANEL the best because it's just so easy to use.

Originally posted by Young~Money
    I have not used DirectAdmin, but cPanel looks more popular.
    cPanel is more popular only because it has been on the market longer which makes it more widely known.

DirectAdmin has been on the market around a year and it is quickly becoming more popular. Look at some of the other recent polls here on WHT and you will see that DirectAdmin has done better than cPanel in most, if not all of them.

MODERATORS: Is is possible to change my vote from "Other" to DirectAdmin now that it has been added to the poll??

A fast growing kid InsPanel, see the history of downloads
    http://www.inspanel.com/downloads/pa...=category&id=1

Well, since our clients use Plesk they aren't exactly going to request Cpanel are they. And prospective clients don't exactly request a control panel in pre-sales communication because they know what we use.

And:

Cpanel hosts think Cpanel is best
    Plesk hosts think Plesk is better
    Ensim host think Ensim is the dog's danglies
    DirectAdmin hosts are just insane
    H-Sphere hosts also think H-Sphere is best

So I guess this is today's "Which CP is best" in which everyone can say the control panel they use is best because they know no different.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

We use several,,
    We get more positive comments about Plesk(since we upgraded to 7) then we do any of the others. We do give customers the choice of what server to be on and most pick Plesk as well, in close second, CPanel.
    Jesse Lanning- Secure Technology Networks
    support: support@sthost.com
    web: http://www.sthost.com

/gets back up on chair.

Lookie here, Plesk is out in front. My day is made. I can now die happy.

Originally posted by NexDog
    DirectAdmin hosts are just insane
    We will have over 5000 domains on our DirectAdmin servers by the end of 2004. I would advise you to take DA seriously. It's a great control panel and I've already made it clear to cPanel that they've lost my business for life (about 20 servers at this point, with many more to come.)

Having said that, most clients don't even know what a control panel is, and as long as it allows them to set up email and FTP accounts, most of them will be pretty happy. The poll preference is mainly what hosts choose.

I will go out on a limb and say that if you do the poll 12 months from now, cPanel will no longer be the top dog. It's simply too buggy and hard to maintain. What control panel will be the top dog? DirectAdmin has a real shot. Should be an interesting year for control panels.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

CPanel has some really great features, but I've been losing confidence in them over the past 6 months. Whenever I update CPanel, something always breaks. Lately the 'breaks' have been very time consuming, are affecting clients and end up doing more damage than what the update was supposed to fix in the first place.

It seems like whenever a software solution becomes popular they then try and become all things to all people, this often results in buggy, bloated software. I would have been quite content to continue to use a thinned down version of CPanel if they would have decided to pack all these additional features in a different version. Why do developers seem reluctant to offer a 'Lite' version?

One thing is for sure, I think I'll be avoiding the "dog's danglies" for a control panel solution

the breaking in CPanel during updates has started causing client loss. I am switching to Hsphere this week.
    jubba joo!

It is hard to judge unless you offer multiple control panels. I've had a few requests for Plesk and Ensim which I havent been able to offer, but I suppose its the same to those that offer Plesk or Ensim exclusively. cPanel does have a large market share due to their start at VDI and rapid uptake by companies within VDI, at that time Alabanza CP and Webmin were the only real contenders as far as I can remember.
    MattF - Since the start..

I disagree that most customers don't know what a control panel is. Sure we are not as big as 5,000 domains I will admit, but I will say almost every customer(and we do have quite a bit) I have has asked which control panel we use before signing up.
    Jesse Lanning- Secure Technology Networks
    support: support@sthost.com
    web: http://www.sthost.com

Maybe you need to state it a bit clearer on your site then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast