Thumbs up blue quartz - RH hosting

Hi all,

I have managed to get the open source version of the 550 stuff running a treat on a customised RH 9 install. TBH it was not so hard at all and it seems to run great - only the quota stuff needed a bit of tweaking.

So now - were is the best place to find a dedicated RH 9 server without any control panel and were they are not going to mind me ripping the thing apart to get the cobalt stuff up and running.

And of course for pennies

Has anybody on this board tried this yet?

How are you getting on with it? I've had it installed for a few days now and I'd be a little apprehensive and putting it on a production server just yet.

I've had a few issues with FTPing permissions and a couple of pages with javascript niggles.

With that said, I think it looks great and perfect for me once my RaQs give up the ghost.

Rob.
    Rob Johnston | LucidUK.com | [email protected]
    Who is Rob? boobear.co.uk
    MSN: [email protected] | AIM: rob at lucid

Lightbulb

hi,

check http://www.myhost.lu/?page=dediserver

for dedicated servers without c.p. but if you choose Redhat 9 you can get bluequartz...

hehe, why would you want to actually use Cobalt control panel? Its pretty slim as far as flexibilty and features.. Dont get me wrong, we use RaQ's for hosting, but I would definatly not buy another one for webhosting clients
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!

just think though, for developers and small hosting co's the 550 cp will allow the ease of use they want but on better, faster hardware.
    Rob Johnston | LucidUK.com | [email protected]
    Who is Rob? boobear.co.uk
    MSN: [email protected] | AIM: rob at lucid