Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    where can i find DirectI??? im looking into reselling domains

Originally posted by fizzyslime
    so ideally id be after an actual ETP 6.95 account then?

i had a funny feeling there was a difference!!!
    actual ETP = $6950

anything else and you are buying an old sub-account under an ETP. If you can't pick your own user ID then chances are that you are buying an old sub-account.

my my my calgon take my away

ok prime I'll start by saying my main points in all of this.
    1.flexibility
    2.customer service
    3.price

1.enom main reseller account (the one majority of people have) the LOWEST you can sell is 10.21

do a search on domains and see how many people sell under 10.21 that right there means you have one arm tied in a fist fight lol you can't even offer monthly special of 9.99!
    now if you want to tell the people how they can buy points and pay 99 for pdq go ahead
    enoms goal is to create a pyramid so that all the resellers make them the money and they sit back and collect.
    Yes wwd has godaddy offering sales but thats 1 vs them turning all the godaddy people at each others throats stumbling to signup resellers ooh choose me choose me

AND I see nobody has mentioned enoms 100 deposit
    "We typically create the retail
    account first, and then wait for confirmation to convert it into RESELLER,
    because some folks sign up for the reseller account and don't understand
    there is a minimum deposit amount of $100 if they choose to "fill up" their
    account by credit card.

2.It's been 30+ hours and enom still hasn't contacted me back about all this crap and the email they sent to explain to me that I cannot undercut my parent reseller. So basically I'm saying what they told me directly. this isn't my opinion!!
    Least enom has a customer support section directi's is a joke

3.do this make a spreadsheet at 10,12,15 and see the difference (oops well on enom main reseller do 10.50 since you cant do 10.00)
    subtract out your buy rate and see who gives you the highest profit margin.

Man I wanted enom's API that's why I signed up in the first place ,but after the reseller account I got limited me to 10.21 and I contacted enom and my reseller and they both told me well thats how it is....LOL hmmm so do I stick with 10.21 or keep my $99.00 a year account where I can sell from 7.85(0 PROFIT) To 29.00 so 7.85-29.00 vs 10.31-whatever

ok now on your take on me buying from myself I didn't mention anything about revenue sharing!! I pay full 15.00 a year for each of my 10 domains. That is what I Kiwi Tech L.L.C. charged myself so that is $150.00 cost of business added into all the other yearly expenses my company pays out. Cost of business. Once again if you can't understand how expenses work contact a cpa or speed up your classes so you learn quicker lol.

I need domain names and websites to help run my business like I need computers,fax machines,cars,desks,electricity,hi-speed interent access, office space,sodas,coffee,routers,clocks,scanners,chairs etc etc
    im in missouri , however no matter what state your in those are all business expenses! the 99 dollars I pay to wwd a year is an expense!! its not a deposit its a expense!
    And as far as me justifying 99 !! thats silly people complaining about 100 is just crazy. so lets see directi has a 75 deposit enom has a 100 deposit but yet to pay 99 in a year is a problem?
    To be brutally honest a company that can't spend 8.33 a month to make money or add to there yearly profits shouldn't be in business. at the rate of 1.00-7.00 a year this isn't a lucrative business its a nice bonus but as far as making or breaking please!

bottom line your fired oh sorry got done watching apprentice lol

bottom line is choose whoever you want enoms API is kick *** if your here at wht it's probably because your into webhosting so it shouldn't be hard to get 10-20 people to get domains from you if it is you have bigger headaches than domain names lol
    I agree cheaper isn't always better I wish we had more choices than directi,enom,wwd,registerengine,atidomains,and whoever else
    but if I'm gonna sell domains I'm gonna sell for what I want when I want!

Show me something better and believe me I'll try it. I'm still signed up with 4 other companies! None so far can pull the weight.

Now I'm tired lol your wearing me down lol enom cult

ok how about whose the best without enom,directi,godaddy
    Well you did know kiwi's have more vitamin C than oranges....right??

I think you need to take a look at
    rsppp.com
    They do not have any set up fees and you can make more money than with godaddy.com
    What you think?

redirected affiliate link is against the rules me thinks...

If you are planning to set your price $12-$35 per domain then it will very hard for you to find clients. Internet is open society and I think making your own pricing is the thing of the past.

If I had it to do over again I would charge $12-15 for domains as most of our customers would rather we take care of it for them anyway. but too late to turn back now.
    (in other words it just not price only but a service they want)

ok

good point grace that brings up a question I have

lately alot of clients have been wanting to have me handle the whole thing Not wanting to signup on a page and have to figure out what to click etc...

So do some of you guys/gals handle the whole thing for the client and if you do whose name is it in. Like I had a client who didn't want to pay extra for the domain whois privacy thing that enom and GD offer and they wanted me to register it in there name with me as contact (there first name only) so would it be wrong to register name like grace c/o me with my information as contact? Doesn't that violate icann rules etc....

99% of people like price not service.
    Why wal-mart is on top of all companies?
    Wal-mart has very bad stuff they sell, all made in China.
    But, they not only prosper, they are the best!

I would always register the domain in your customers name and add yourself as admin/tech contacts.

If you use Godaddy and on this and later customer wants the control of the domain its a real pain to look thru godaddys EVER CHANGING website to figure it out how to do that.

I use directi and its real simple for your customers to sign up and then you still have some control over their name,but they always have access too if they want to move it around later.

makes it simple, and hey theres not enough of that these days

yes true to a point but even this is changing as more and more customers weant service instead of cheap stuff.

I am not a big fan of enom or goddady or their resellers. Sorry, guys, I know, you all are.

Originally posted by Ashley1998
    I am not a big fan of enom or goddady or their resellers. Sorry, guys, I know, you all are.
    doesn't leave much of an option then does it?

There are like 150 registrars and like 150,000 resellers. I have lot's of options.

well gee not all are going to let you resell or if they do you pay thru the nose for domains

Originally posted by Ashley1998
    Why wal-mart is on top of all companies?
    well in the uk, they're insignificant in terms of company size.

in the supermarket arena, they're #4 or#5 (they pwn asda) , with the majorty of shoppers preferring quality and a clean well-run store to the pile-it-high sell-it-cheap mentality

this fixation on price appears to be a stateside disease ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

So

ashley what company do you use to resell domain names? or are you strictly just talking about buying them?

I think you missed what we were talkin about

this fixation on price appears to be a stateside disease
    state side you mean like WHT?

too true

Originally posted by othellotech
    well in the uk, they're insignificant in terms of company size.

in the supermarket arena, they're #4 or#5 (they pwn asda) , with the majorty of shoppers preferring quality and a clean well-run store to the pile-it-high sell-it-cheap mentality

this fixation on price appears to be a stateside disease ...
    in all fairness, she speaks for herself. Target, Kmart, Shopko and Kohls all make plenty of money as retailers selling exactly what Walmart does. I would no way consider walmart the best. i think price drives a devision in 100% of purchases, but it is rarely the ONLY decision. if i offered to sell somethign out of my van, say a tv or something, for $25....you wouldnt just hand me your money...youd ask if it worked, at least i hope you would!
    jubba joo!

Well, you see Wal-mart sells junk. But, you can return this junk at any time if you want.
    I do not shop in wal-mart, but they sell better than microsoft.

In regards to reselling domain names:
    Both godaddy and enom are crap.
    If you are good, then you would want API and not piece of crap that they both offer.
    If do not want to do anything then Enom and Godaddy provide stores for you. But are those stores yours? Of course not! That is the real question you should have asked yourself when you all went with enom and godaddy 2-3 years ago.
    If you do not want to do anything use affiliate programs.
    Why use enom or godaddy? So, that you have an illusion of running your own store? Well, look in the eyes of truth - those are not your stores. You do not provide techincal service and you all depend on servers of enom. That is very bad.

Thanks for your opinion. I don't think that many of hosting comanies around here would but an affiliate link on their website for domain registrations.
    In regards to eNom and Godaddy comments. I don't really have to defend them since they are two of the largest registrars but I do need to offer my opinion.
    These two companies are very stable and have much to offer. GD will provide all the needs for the average Joe/Jane who owns a few domains and doesn't actively buy, sell, or trade domains. I like eNom's control panel. The push, lock, and other features are pretty easy to use and far suprior to Tucows. Sure, RegistryRocket and PDQ don't belong to me. Who cares? Does that mean that someones domain isn't safe? Many threads here and in other forums reinforce the fact that a persons domains are safe with any eNom reseller. The only two practices I believe should be watched out for are: 1) resellers not giving total control of a domain to the "rightful" owner and 2) locking domains so that the "rightful" owner can push or transfer domains when they desire.

Again, these are my opinions (so don't take this as an attack on you) but I am curious why you think that rsppp, map****, or ***designs are any better? Do they give the new registrant the pwd and id to login to the Tucows Control Panel? BTW, any reseller with Tucows will also rely on someone elses servers.

You do not provide techincal service and you all depend on servers of enom. That is very bad.
    I cant speak for anyone else, but I *can* for OthelloTech.net and your comment is utter tripe - we use enom, but we provide everything ourself they're our own dns servers, our own mailservers, our own own webservers etc.

we chose them as a reliable and stable registrar with a workable API and a good reputation, not because of some "illusion" of running a store. AFAIAC registry rocket/pdq and the like is a stop-gap service used by those who havent the ability, inclination or time to setup something better.

Does it make a registrar "crap" for offering those services to it's customer-base - no i don't think so, even if we choose not to use it, or any of the other "bundled" services that enom offers.

I dont know what you're axe is, but if both godaddy and enom are not to your liking, explain what is and why ...
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

WHOA, i havent checked on this thread in a while.

interesting.

OhioServers
    MB
    figuring out what i want to do

signed up for these guys yesterday, (directi), tried to register a domain and they blocked my account, today the server is down and i cant login. what is this some kind of scam?
    jubba joo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast