Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

domain resellers?

is there one that charges based uponhow many domains you sell, i am looking at directi, i seem to like it, but i do not understand their upfront payment, if i pay 75$ upfront, does that mean, that 75$ goes towards the domain names that are purchased?? or is it just a fee?

any reccomendations?

MIKE

You seem to like it? Does that mean your not sure?

the $75 will be used as base fund for domains you will resell. what that means is you pay $75 up front, and for every domain you sell, they will deduct the corresponding price from your base fund.

if the fund goes at or near $0, you have to pay up again but i think the amount you need to pay now would be any amount you want as long as it could cover your domain purchases.

the more funds you put in, domain unit prices will go down based on their pricing table.

their reseller's front end is very nice but they also provide apis if you want to integrate to your site. whois.cart has seamless integration to directi.

Boeki is right.
    They are pretty good, I am currently with them and I've had no serious issue with them yet.

Once you reach a certain volume (large volume) you can probably negotiate the wholesale price for domains. Most resellers never reach that level but are still doing ok.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

If you are strickly looking for a reseller account, godaddy.com has a very simple program, but they also require a fee.

Directi is a good choice. We are their reseller and no major problem yet.

directi is very good (we are resellers too) always updating and adding more features...

Example Of Godaddy Reseller

If you want to see an example of a godaddy reseller account go here registerwire.net

I've heard claims from (talking to customer support) that some resellers are making thousands of dollars. I find it hard to believe but you never know...

tried

directi it took them forever to respond back to emails. The support line had to transfer me to three different people before I could get one whose accent wasn't overpowering so I could actually understand them. Liked there prices ,but its easy to see why. I'd stick with godaddy (Wildwestdomains) ,enom, in that order. Dollar for dollar godaddy has the best payouts if you have enough people to cover the 99 a year charge. I re-tried enom and aitdomains last month. Thing people don't tell ya about enom reselling is that if you arent going directly through enom then you can't underbid your reseller , but you don't have to pay 99 a year so it depends on what your wanting.
    Aitdomains is kinda buggy on the java keep getting errors but hey for 1 buck I'll click rety three times in a row.

11. directi looks interesting...

Dollar for dollar godaddy has the best payouts if you have enough people to cover the 99 a year charge.
    godaddy starts you out $99.00 in the hole (so to speak)this takes alot of domain sales to recover your cost on this setup fee.

Then you must consider godaddys always "improving" their site and making things diffcult to use and find.I open my GD acct one morning and discovered all the domains of my customers was in several differant accts because of their improvement of the database.Took me several weeks to get things straighten out over this,in fact I had to file a complaint thur ICANN to get a response from godaddy.

They stink,I would run away from them...

depends on how much you sell for

26 people at 12.00 to break even.

15 people at 15.00

Don't know about you guys but I buy my domains through myself.
    I have at least 10 domains so at 15.00 5 customers and I'm even.
    And I can deduct the cost as an expense.

I still think its funny yahoo sells domains for $25.00 and people buy them.
    Well you did know kiwi's have more vitamin C than oranges....right??

directi is $6.99 per domain all the funds you place in the acct(except for a small exchange fee) are credited to your account.

hummmm

less see if I sell names for $15.00 wow I am making a $8.08 profit p/doman right away

What about merchant fees? I think you meant 8.01...but hey it's early.

oh sorry forgot to split the hairs!

Re: tried

Thing people don't tell ya about enom reselling is that if you arent going directly through enom then you can't underbid your reseller , but you don't have to pay 99 a year so it depends on what your wanting.
    yes, no , maybe , pardon ?

I *assume* you are referring to the fact you cant set a regsitry rocket ecommerce system up to sell domains at a loss - that is correct - *enom* dont think its a cllever idea.

however *you* have the ability to sell the domains for whatever you like - give them away if you want, we sold some at one poiint for 1 each, we give them away 1 free with our adsl service - just do your *own* card processing, and connect into the enom api - it's what its there for

from my viewing of sites, very few people would run a domain business using something like registry-rocket, it's there more to get you going while you develop a decent system or use something like drams
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Re: .

Originally posted by KIWI_TECH
    15 people at 15.00

So you're treating the profit you make on yourself as real profit?

Nice way to make money.

Sure, you can deduct the cost as an expense, but you're still loosing on the transaction fees.

prime

wow its me against the world lol ok

grace5 -
    less see if I sell names for $15.00 wow I am making a $8.08 profit p/doman right away
    hmm I guess you aren't considering the fact you pre-paid $75.00 so humm nope you need to sell 8 before you make a profit

and you have tried calling and talking to someone at directi? omg
    yeah directi is soo good whois.cart is not gonna continue the partnership with them lol

prime - talk to a cpa he will explain it to you lol

othellotech you assumed wrong I wan't talking about
    regsitry rocket ecommerce system I'm talking about the reseller accounts setup through a enom reseller.

all in all I don't work for godaddy (shoot i should get a free year for all this LOL)I just know I've gotten great service and once a year I check others prices and so far I haven't seen a better deal

my only complain is the cookie cutter template.
    directi and enom 's only saving grace is there API
    matter of fact excuse me I can't even put directi up there with enom..

Re: .

I still think its funny yahoo sells domains for $25.00 and people buy them.
    I'm not against you but I think it's funny that people pay more than $10

othellotech you assumed wrong I wan't talking about
    regsitry rocket ecommerce system I'm talking about the reseller accounts setup through a enom reseller.
    then i dont understand your comment about undercutting your upper level reseller - if you dont use their ecommerce systems you can sell the domains for whatever you like, nothing if you want, you're forced to *pay* whatever your etp sets your pricing to, you can *sell* for whatever you charge
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

prime - talk to a cpa he will explain it to you lol
    Well, LOL ( ), let's see... and I'm leaving the 99$ fee out voluntarily.

From the Wild West Domains pages (http://rnw.secureserver.net/cgi-bin/...YWdlPTE*&p_li= and http://www.wildwestdomains.com/pricelist.aspx).

So, for a dot com:

You sell @ 15, and again, assuming you use their CC services, you have a .63$ charge for the CC processing.

You have 2.06$ taken as "Revenue sharing".

Total in fees for your 15$ domain: 2.69$.

Add the cost to that, 6.75$.

Total of 9.44, for a 15$ Domain. To make a grand profit of 5.56, off yourself (let's not forget that). Total of 55.60 for your 10 domains.

Anyways, I don't know in what state you live, but just how big of a tax savings will you get out of your 15$ domain? And taking into account that 2,69$ charge that's lost to you?

Now, I buy my domains from myself too, but I don't count that as a profit (not that I'm making any from myself). My domains cost me 6,99 + the 3% I was charged to fill my account, so about 7,20$. And it's still deductible.

To get back to the original issue here:

15 people at 15.00

We were trying to justify the 99$ cost, and you are claiming that you're getting a good part of it back from the profit you make off the 10 domains you sell to yourself. Wow. In the end, you still paid for it. It's worth it when you get your customers to pay that fee, not yourself.

Finally, in almost every fiscal system I've heard about, you CAN'T make a profit off yourself or other linked companies/individual. Such transactions must usually be detailed separately from all other transactions made during the year.

Oh and just so you know, I'm studying to be a CGA, which is the canadian equivalent of your CPA. I'm far enough to be a Candidate member, which is the very last step before you get full member status. At that time, all classes are done and the person has started writting the professional exams.

Maybe you should speak to YOUR CPA so he'd explain a few things... lol.

[off topic, sorry!] ok, quickie enom question again

in an ebay sale at the moment, it states "I will introduce the director of the ETP (Enom Technology Partner) to the winner for support and safety. I also promise the pricing on all TLDs will not drop without proper legal reason after purchase or 100% money back gaurantee! "

( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=46687 )

this, coupled with something i read earlier today has me wondering if theres some sort of alternative enom status with the 6.95 thing. is it possible that this is under another account or something? is this a "6.95 enom account" people speak of so much? (or is there indeed maybe something similar?)

regards

"I will introduce the director of the ETP (Enom Technology Partner) to the winner for support and safety. I also promise the pricing on all TLDs will not drop without proper legal reason after purchase or 100% money back gaurantee! "
    sounds like and looks like an enom 6.95 sub-account under *an* etpo dont know which one. it's certainly not an ETP account from your quote.

and i'd be asking them to g/tee not putting the prices *UP* not down

how comfortable do *you* feel with the purchase ? check out their feedback, search here and on google groups to see, as i know this isnt the only time 've seen that ad on ebay - they may actually make a business out of buyiong/slling enom sub accounts.

so ideally id be after an actual ETP 6.95 account then?

i had a funny feeling there was a difference!!!

where can i find DirectI??? im looking into reselling domains

Originally posted by fizzyslime
    so ideally id be after an actual ETP 6.95 account then?

i had a funny feeling there was a difference!!!
    actual ETP = $6950

anything else and you are buying an old sub-account under an ETP. If you can't pick your own user ID then chances are that you are buying an old sub-account.

my my my calgon take my away

ok prime I'll start by saying my main points in all of this.
    1.flexibility
    2.customer service
    3.price

1.enom main reseller account (the one majority of people have) the LOWEST you can sell is 10.21

do a search on domains and see how many people sell under 10.21 that right there means you have one arm tied in a fist fight lol you can't even offer monthly special of 9.99!
    now if you want to tell the people how they can buy points and pay 99 for pdq go ahead
    enoms goal is to create a pyramid so that all the resellers make them the money and they sit back and collect.
    Yes wwd has godaddy offering sales but thats 1 vs them turning all the godaddy people at each others throats stumbling to signup resellers ooh choose me choose me

AND I see nobody has mentioned enoms 100 deposit
    "We typically create the retail
    account first, and then wait for confirmation to convert it into RESELLER,
    because some folks sign up for the reseller account and don't understand
    there is a minimum deposit amount of $100 if they choose to "fill up" their
    account by credit card.

2.It's been 30+ hours and enom still hasn't contacted me back about all this crap and the email they sent to explain to me that I cannot undercut my parent reseller. So basically I'm saying what they told me directly. this isn't my opinion!!
    Least enom has a customer support section directi's is a joke

3.do this make a spreadsheet at 10,12,15 and see the difference (oops well on enom main reseller do 10.50 since you cant do 10.00)
    subtract out your buy rate and see who gives you the highest profit margin.

Man I wanted enom's API that's why I signed up in the first place ,but after the reseller account I got limited me to 10.21 and I contacted enom and my reseller and they both told me well thats how it is....LOL hmmm so do I stick with 10.21 or keep my $99.00 a year account where I can sell from 7.85(0 PROFIT) To 29.00 so 7.85-29.00 vs 10.31-whatever

ok now on your take on me buying from myself I didn't mention anything about revenue sharing!! I pay full 15.00 a year for each of my 10 domains. That is what I Kiwi Tech L.L.C. charged myself so that is $150.00 cost of business added into all the other yearly expenses my company pays out. Cost of business. Once again if you can't understand how expenses work contact a cpa or speed up your classes so you learn quicker lol.

I need domain names and websites to help run my business like I need computers,fax machines,cars,desks,electricity,hi-speed interent access, office space,sodas,coffee,routers,clocks,scanners,chairs etc etc
    im in missouri , however no matter what state your in those are all business expenses! the 99 dollars I pay to wwd a year is an expense!! its not a deposit its a expense!
    And as far as me justifying 99 !! thats silly people complaining about 100 is just crazy. so lets see directi has a 75 deposit enom has a 100 deposit but yet to pay 99 in a year is a problem?
    To be brutally honest a company that can't spend 8.33 a month to make money or add to there yearly profits shouldn't be in business. at the rate of 1.00-7.00 a year this isn't a lucrative business its a nice bonus but as far as making or breaking please!

bottom line your fired oh sorry got done watching apprentice lol

bottom line is choose whoever you want enoms API is kick *** if your here at wht it's probably because your into webhosting so it shouldn't be hard to get 10-20 people to get domains from you if it is you have bigger headaches than domain names lol
    I agree cheaper isn't always better I wish we had more choices than directi,enom,wwd,registerengine,atidomains,and whoever else
    but if I'm gonna sell domains I'm gonna sell for what I want when I want!

Show me something better and believe me I'll try it. I'm still signed up with 4 other companies! None so far can pull the weight.

Now I'm tired lol your wearing me down lol enom cult

ok how about whose the best without enom,directi,godaddy

I think you need to take a look at
    rsppp.com
    They do not have any set up fees and you can make more money than with godaddy.com
    What you think?

redirected affiliate link is against the rules me thinks...

If you are planning to set your price $12-$35 per domain then it will very hard for you to find clients. Internet is open society and I think making your own pricing is the thing of the past.

If I had it to do over again I would charge $12-15 for domains as most of our customers would rather we take care of it for them anyway. but too late to turn back now.
    (in other words it just not price only but a service they want)

ok

good point grace that brings up a question I have

lately alot of clients have been wanting to have me handle the whole thing Not wanting to signup on a page and have to figure out what to click etc...

So do some of you guys/gals handle the whole thing for the client and if you do whose name is it in. Like I had a client who didn't want to pay extra for the domain whois privacy thing that enom and GD offer and they wanted me to register it in there name with me as contact (there first name only) so would it be wrong to register name like grace c/o me with my information as contact? Doesn't that violate icann rules etc....

99% of people like price not service.
    Why wal-mart is on top of all companies?
    Wal-mart has very bad stuff they sell, all made in China.
    But, they not only prosper, they are the best!

I would always register the domain in your customers name and add yourself as admin/tech contacts.

If you use Godaddy and on this and later customer wants the control of the domain its a real pain to look thru godaddys EVER CHANGING website to figure it out how to do that.

I use directi and its real simple for your customers to sign up and then you still have some control over their name,but they always have access too if they want to move it around later.

makes it simple, and hey theres not enough of that these days

99% of people like price not service.
    yes true to a point but even this is changing as more and more customers weant service instead of cheap stuff.

I am not a big fan of enom or goddady or their resellers. Sorry, guys, I know, you all are.

Originally posted by Ashley1998
    I am not a big fan of enom or goddady or their resellers. Sorry, guys, I know, you all are.
    doesn't leave much of an option then does it?

There are like 150 registrars and like 150,000 resellers. I have lot's of options.

well gee not all are going to let you resell or if they do you pay thru the nose for domains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast