a ptr site looking for DS

I have a ptr(Paid to Read emails)site.

the bandwidth about 2G per day.

I need to send tons of emails to my members.now i have 3400 members and send about 10-15 emails to all daily.That means 34000-51000 emails need be send daily.

So i need a DS which can send email fast and high graduatee uptime.

have anyone can recommend any to me?Thanks a million!!

With 51,000 emails per day, I'd recommend a P4 2.0+ processor and 512MB RAM. In terms of a provider, find one that fits your need. Personally, I can't recommend any others (or myself), but you can try to use the Host Quote section of WHT.

- Matt

For that high a volume I'd suggest going with a dual processor solution. Especially since your growth is somewhat exponential (1:10-15;2:20-30;3:30-45 etc). Or you could find yourself looking to upgrade in the very near future.

This is a mistake I made on one of our sites. Not a PTR! Personally, I don't see how PTR's can be profitable these days, but thats for a different discussion. Oh well!

Originally posted by Fahd
    For that high a volume I'd suggest going with a dual processor solution. Especially since your growth is somewhat exponential (1:10-15;2:20-30;3:30-45 etc). Or you could find yourself looking to upgrade in the very near future.

This is a mistake I made on one of our sites. Not a PTR! Personally, I don't see how PTR's can be profitable these days, but thats for a different discussion. Oh well!
    You won't need a dual processor to handle lots of emails. When I worked for MainArea, I dealt with a few mailing list clients, and a P4 2.4 w/HT could handle a list of 500,000 easily in a day, with no strain on the server.

-Josh

a p4 2.4 would work out well. maybe get a gig of ram for future growth
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Originally posted by Joshua
    You won't need a dual processor to handle lots of emails. When I worked for MainArea, I dealt with a few mailing list clients, and a P4 2.4 w/HT could handle a list of 500,000 easily in a day, with no strain on the server.

-Josh
    Yep, and that machine only had 512MB RAM - also worked pretty well when we were using an Athlon 1800. It's all about tweaking.

- Matt