what is the difference between domain name registrars?

I am wondering what is the difference between domain name registrars? e.g enom, godaddy to network solutions to planet domains to other cheaper domain name registrars which provide very cheap domain name reseller programme which don't even need an initial deposit.

I would wonder whether they provide the same domain name service and some information on this trade.

The more info, the better. I love reading it.

Regards

#1 is Price
    #2 is Features and Usability.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

However, save for network solution.. they are selling a domain name for US$35 while say enom may be selling at US$12??? .. some even go below till US$6.99 even for retailer...

Most of them provide email and domain parking and other "Standard". The thing now is.. are the service by the US$6.99 domain providers definitely worse than a US$35?

anyone use name.com to maintain their domanin name? ANy comments on that company?

Regards

You may want to try alltimedomains.com or adotname.com

In the Domain registration world, paying more doesn't necessarily reflect better service.

how about name.com?
    they have cheaper price in this case.

Try Directi ..., they have good price and accept low volume. Addon service are also available.

maybe this can help.

We use godaddy (I think its Called Wildwest) And we have done great with them, its branded, fast and was can set up any price we like. good luck
    "A man's worth is not measured in the numbers in his bank account, but in the number of people that call him friend"

Your friends at MyTurnkeyBusiness.com

Godaddy has worked great for us. Service has been pretty good, and the features they offer are awesome. Allows you to contol every aspect of your domains. No Hassles.

DirectI is good but you shouldn't have to pay for extra features like "Managed DNS", that should be something added to the standard service.

WildWestDomains is GoDaddys sister corporation that offers domain reselling. They would be good if they let you manage your own storefront like DirectI but, instead they offer hosting and other services on the storefront advertising their own services.

GoDaddy is good IMO and is why I use it for my domains.

Moved from reseller forum to doman forum.

hostway is $6.95 and 1and1 is $5.88.

the service provided by the $35 registrar (network solutions) is actually WORSE than the cheaper registrars.

godaddy beats hostway and 1and1, but if you're a penny pincher like i am, they work fine.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

Price, service, tools, features all of these add up. You have to be very careful and find what works for you. Some people will advocate registrars people hate and hate registrars people love. FInd a registrar that works best for you
    Domain Maven

what is API? How easy is it to integrate with the website design?

Which domain provider has the best API and yet cheap?

Regards

enom has great API and $8.95 accounts can be found for free these days.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Read the registrar's TOS (Terms of Service); they can have restrictions in there that you cannot break. Some of the resellers even have TOS that prevent you from ever moving your domain name registration from them (or, at least they make it very difficult and expensive to change the domain name to another registrar).

Unless you have a good business relationship with them for other services (like hosting), there's no reason to ever go with a reseller. I would question the advisibility of using a reseller even in those cases, as they can easily delay or hold your domain name hostage. There is no governing agency for you to complain with when you deal with a reseller. At least at an accredited registrar, you have the ability to complain to ICANN through Internic's complaint form.

In most cases if you go with a reputable reseller/registrar you should be fine(note reputable). Not all registrars are created equal. Many let their resellers do what they want without controls. When this happens it can be bad for customers.
    Domain Maven

Do you think directi is reputable? I do not actually want enom and godaddy because I am going for low volume but do really want to add that in my offer.