purchasing .com and .net

I want to purchase the .com and .net versions of a domain name to avoid any conflicts. Must I pay full price for both or is there a way to save money by purchasing both at once? Is there any type or discount or method I can use to avoid paying full price for both?

haha...good question...
    so far I have NOT encounter such a deal yet
    Keep me updated of your findings!!

London, United Kingdom
    if you want a domain name, pick a domain regsitration agent and register it.

if you want to get a number of them, look at bulk/reseller deals, for example ukreg charge 9/year for a .com but if you buy "credits" in advance that price can come down as low as about 6.50/year

*however* if all you're doing is a couple of domains you're not likely to want to pre-purchase 100 credits or deposit $100 or whatever - why not simply get a free enom retail account off one of the many enom ETP's on this board ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

$9/domain is fair price if you're buying 2 domains or so

so many registrar/resellers offer this offer.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Most domain registrar are charging super low prices now so you probably would not get much discount with that. Godaddy does offer a discounted price if you purchase a .com with a .biz but they don't run that promo all the time. - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Are you looking to buy bulk .com and .net domain names, or you are looking to buy a domain name with .com and .net extensions?
    If you are looking for the later, then you will have to buy the .com and .net separately.
    Did you check to see if they are both available -- if yes, it's better to buy them now before it will be too late.