Questions regarding office space

Hey guys and girls.... hopefully you will be able to help me with some research that I am doing

I am collecting data on office space and related financial figures for e-commerce businesses (mostly web hosting businesses / software companies) for a large school project.

---------------
    Monthly
    ---------------
    Supplies (office and operating)
    Repairs and maintenance (to your office)
    Acccounting and legal
    Rent (In addition, how big is your office and what are it's features and location. Also, how many people work there?)
    Telephone (In addition, what do you use it for)
    Utilities (Water, Electric, etc)
    Insurance (If any)
    Misc (What else do you pay for)

If you could help me by sending me the above information via PM or e-mail it would be greatly appriciated. All information will be kept private and exact numbers are not needed... averages are best

Thank you in advance to all that help!

Uh all the above with vary greatly from business to business, there really isnt a average value for the figures your wanting, or are you just doing a poll?
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

phpcoder, the answer "get a business plan!" is not applicable to your question, and therefore you will not get an answer in this forum. lol

Pretty much all the info you want vary from place to place, so you probably should ask around locally.

phpcoder, I imagine all what you have listed will cost an arm and a leg on average , I hear UK prices are off the hook!

edit:

P.S.
    Still looking forward to the next generation of netSTATUS monitor. It was a beautiful thing.
    | Priority support (Since July 2001) | 99.9%+ uptime (Alertra stats available) |
    | Dual Xeon servers at local data center | Premium PEER1 bandwidth |
    | Visit us today | www.webulex.com |

That is exactly why I am looking for these figures... and I know they vary, hence me posting here.

I am creating a large 40+ page business plan for class this semester and am trying to collect as much "real-life" information as possible

wb-Edgar - You would need to talk to Jim about that

Originally posted by phpcoder
    That is exactly why I am looking for these figures... and I know they vary, hence me posting here.

I am creating a large 40+ page business plan for class this semester and am trying to collect as much "real-life" information as possible

wb-Edgar - You would need to talk to Jim about that
    In your business plan, I don't think you want numbers like:

1)lawyer fee - $1000 in new york, while you are doing business in miami for example

You need the actual number that you will have to pay, not other people's number.

It servers no purpose to list rates from different markets and different companys, a business plan whether your using it to aquire a loan or for school is going to be looked down upon if your listing pricing from all over the world. Not to mention, there is no basis for pricing, a company that owns a data center is going to have 20x the cost for all the above values vs a small business in a retail office space.

What im trying to get across here is what are we missing, I know all you requested was answers to the criteria, but we as company's have little desire to diclose figures such as these, when we have no idea why you would possibly need them.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

Alec - Make a few calls around to companies who lease out space in office buildings, office parks, etc. Explain what you want to know, and for what reason, and I'm sure that they'll be able to provide information about rent, utilities, and other incurred expenses directly related to the building (Such as snowplowing of the building's parking lot and driveways - That can add a few hundred on to a year's rent depending on the size of the office and parking area.

Edit: Congrats on 2000 posts.

-Josh

Understood,

Maybe this wasn't the best place to ask this question, and maybe I haven't asked it correctly.

One of the reasons that I posted this here was to see how diverse the numbers are... not actually use them in my reports but use the "wide-range of costs/expenses" concept in my reports.

Thanks for the help though!

Well up in the good parts of New Jersey you can expect rent prices to be $22-26 Sq. Foot

You'll find that people will quickly become your greatest expense AND asset. Rent is not all that bad if you can haggle with your landlord
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.