Thread: Payment Options

Payment Options

I'm looking at LunarPages for my soon to be host. This website seems to have everything but negative comments on this wonderful host.

My question is if I choose to buy a 12 month plan does this mean I pay every month? Does the 3 month plan mean I pay for 3 months and I'm all done paying? Does the 6 month plan mean I pay for 6 months and I'm all done?

Am I correct?

Smile

12 month plan = prepaid for 12 months

12 month means you are paying for the first 12 months all at once. After the 12 months you need to pay for another 12 months. Same goes for 6 and 3.

It's the billing cycle.

12 months = You pay every 12 months in advance Eg. You order on the 1st of April 2004, your next due invoice will be 31st March 2005.
    6 months = You pay every 6 months in advance
    3 months = You pay every 3 months in advance
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

I wouldn't pay a full year in advance if I don't know the host or service for some time...

The trouble with Lunarpages is that they charge a $30 setup fee if you go for 6 months or 3 months. They also don't have a monthly option...

Combined with the fact that they have good reviews, this sure makes a buying decision very difficult, expecially for someone looking for a good deal...

Generally, as the others have said, paying monthly (at least for a while) is the best course of action...

I tried Lunarpages there rubbish i would not go there if i was you

nick898>> I would also recommend probably trying a 3 month or if not a 6 month plan before switching to a 1 year payment plan. It might be slightly more expensive at first, but you will not regret it later if you leave them for some reason. Too often here people complain about paying for 1 year, then leaving the host for whatever reason, and not getting refunded or otherwise. Reading their TOS regarding this is a good idea also.

Originally posted by fff
    I tried Lunarpages there rubbish i would not go there if i was you
    Thank you for that very insightful and well explained post

Try to ignore the post from fff.
    If he/she can't elaborate on why there was a problem with the host then their post is useless.

Try to ignore the post from fff.
    If he/she can't elaborate on why there was a problem with the host then their post is useless.
    I agree.