Have you ever...

on a contract misspelled your first or last name, or wrote a nickname instead of your name? i'm just wondering because i was looking at a contract and where i had to write my name i spelled my last name wrong and where I had to sign i signed a nickname so i feel really idiotic right now, i'll proabaly feel more idiotic after this...
    WHT's Own Tekster

Do i have a "Technical Support" sign on my back?
    Listen To Tekster Radio!

You might not, sounds common, never happened to me..
    josh

always double check and re-confirm...
    "I can't afford to make 1 more single mistake"

"We're sorry. Your' check for $200,000 was sent to a mister Joe Bow of Mississippi" "I live in New York! My name is Joe Blow! Not Joe Bow!" "You signed your name as Joe Bow, we're sorry as the check was already sent. You will need to work it out with mister Joe Bow." "You people at PayPal are horrible!"
    Don't look for a way out.

Originally posted by RDX Media
    "We're sorry. Your' check for $200,000 was sent to a mister Joe Bow of Mississippi" "I live in New York! My name is Joe Blow! Not Joe Bow!" "You signed your name as Joe Bow, we're sorry as the check was already sent. You will need to work it out with mister Joe Bow." "You people at PayPal are horrible!"
    was that suppose to be funny?

I once misspelled my name when signing the back of a new credit card. Oopsie.

One with a sound mind shouldn't misspell his own name!

Originally posted by Zutroy
    I once misspelled my name when signing the back of a new credit card. Oopsie.
    Wow, I just did that last week.

How I managed to spell my last name wrong... who knows.

I've managed to sign my name where it said PRINT, and print my name where it said SIGN.. as someone said above, don't ask me how, but it has happened a few times.
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

How can you spell your own name wrong?????
    The member formerly known as Enigmatics
    Teh Harem

good question lol

I have always wondered.. those people with the longest name in the world.. how do they remember how to spell it lol?

I actually signed vengeful on a delivery form once :-/

Quite embarassing lol

Unfortunately, I've done it too. (Looks at mastercard)
    --

I have deliberately signed a wrong name, not only did I sign a wrong name but I signed it in such a manner that it was legible, that is, it was readable.

The story goes like this. It was about 5 minutes to five on a Friday night, I was standing at the the counter in the bank trying to cash a cheque. The teller was saying that I had to sign the back of the cheque before she would give me the cash. The cheque was made out to "Cash". Now I had been cashing cheque from from this specific company at there bank for the last couple of years. Unfortunately this was a new teller and she didn't know me and she wouldn't cash it untill I signed it and I was refusing to sign it as it was cash and by law you do NOT have to sign a cash cheque when cashing it. It was obvious she wasn't going to cash it and as I needed the money, $1500 I eventually had no alternative so I signed it .... Mr Bill Gates. Had it been earlier I would have insisted on not signing it but at this stage it was about 3 minutes past five and they had cloes the bank, I handed her the cheque so that she could clearly see the name, she never questioned it, perhaps she has never heard of Bill Gates.

Why was I so set against signing the cheque in the first place.

1.As a matter of principal because by law I didn't have to, I also didn't have to provide proof of identity, or for that matter proof of ownership even though a lot of Tellers will try to get you too. An open cheque is like cash if you find an open cheque lying on the street there is no law that says you can't cash it. The only requirements that need to be met are, the cheque has the correct account owners signature on it, and the account has available funds.

2. It was for "cash in hand" work.

Doc
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 03-10-2004 at 07:10 PM.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?