Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Trying to install MailScanner. Getting error

    Hello, I am trying to do an install of Exim 4.20 + MailScanner + Clam AV Full Guide for Cpanel 7.x via this tutorial.
    http://www.cpanelplus.com/staticpage...03073009541160 When I do the // Install MailScanner
    ./install.sh
    comand. I get this error.

    Good. You have the patch command.

    Your /usr/src/redhat, /usr/src/RPM or /usr/src/packages
    tree is missing.
    If you have access to an RPM called rpm-build
    install it first and come back and try again.

    Can anyone tell me what this means and what I need to do to be able to finish this install?

    Thanks

    Kevin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nothing but, net
    Posts
    2,062
    That doesn't work for FreeBSD servers.

    That is why it will not work.

  3. #3

    Freebsd??

    I am not on a FREEBSD server that I know of. I am running Redhat 9.0

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Kevin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hanoi
    Posts
    4,306
    try to follow this way http://www.hostinglife.com/security/mailscan.php. I have installed without any problem on my RH 9 box. It's working fine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    772
    Hi,
    Try this out. This will help you a lot to fix your problem
    http://www.flatmtn.com/computer/Linu...mMailScanner-3
    http://www.flatmtn.com/computer/Linu...irus_Clam.html

    Regards,

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    428
    Why not go to layer1.cpanel.net and use their installer?

    I think it should be something like

    http://layer1.cpanel.net/mailscanner...all-1.5.tar.gz
    Hostito, Inc. - Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    http://www.hostito.com
    [email protected] - 1 888 467 8486

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    73

    Re: Trying to install MailScanner. Getting error

    Originally posted by lexis2004
    Hello, I am trying to do an install of Exim 4.20 + MailScanner + Clam AV Full Guide for Cpanel 7.x via this tutorial.
    http://www.cpanelplus.com/staticpage...03073009541160 When I do the // Install MailScanner
    ./install.sh
    comand. I get this error.

    Good. You have the patch command.

    Your /usr/src/redhat, /usr/src/RPM or /usr/src/packages
    tree is missing.
    If you have access to an RPM called rpm-build
    install it first and come back and try again.

    Can anyone tell me what this means and what I need to do to be able to finish this install?

    Thanks

    Kevin
    I might be very late but you should have easier contacted me and you should have got an exact answer in less than 24 hours.

    All you have to do is to login to your WHM and go to install RPM and install the rpm-build.

    Then run the installation again.
    Mahmoud

  8. #8

    Re: Re: Trying to install MailScanner. Getting error

    Originally posted by Mahmoud
    I might be very late but you should have easier contacted me and you should have got an exact answer in less than 24 hours.

    All you have to do is to login to your WHM and go to install RPM and install the rpm-build.

    Then run the installation again.
    I did send you an e-mail, no response. Thaks though. I figured it out. I got it installed and all worked well for about 2 days. Then I started getting an error when I logged in ssh to root that the var/spool/MailScanner/incoming folder was denied permission. All of my mail stopped coming or going. So I disabled the scanner and e-mail is working again. Any idea's

    Thanks, Kevin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    73

    Re: Re: Re: Trying to install MailScanner. Getting error

    Originally posted by lexis2004
    I did send you an e-mail, no response. Thaks though. I figured it out. I got it installed and all worked well for about 2 days. Then I started getting an error when I logged in ssh to root that the var/spool/MailScanner/incoming folder was denied permission. All of my mail stopped coming or going. So I disabled the scanner and e-mail is working again. Any idea's

    Thanks, Kevin
    I think I did not get yours.
    Incoming folder error: Make sure you have done the chown -R commands in the How-To correctly.
    Mahmoud

  10. #10

    Yes I did the chown

    Hi, Yes I did the chown commands, I even re-did them after I started getting the error, I shutdown and restarted the program too.

    Thanks, Kevin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •