hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Dedicated configuration? # of server?

Forum Jump

Dedicated configuration? # of server?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2001, 11:53 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Question

Dedicated configuration? # of server?

Hi,

I just found 2 week ago Webhostingtalk and itís a very great place. I have owned for several year a small hosting company with 200+ customer in Latin America. I sold this company one and half year ago for a good price, however Iím a web addict and I want to come back in the business but with a different business plan and market target, we will offer whole solution for reseller and focusing in reseller locate in Spanish and French speaking country, of course we will give them a great support in their own language, and also provide complete payment solution with merchant account, debit card (we are still working on this with the bank), billing solution etc.... We want to know your opinion and receive your help for the configuration of our server and some issue about technical question, we are salesperson and business manager and not so good in technical issue :

For example, H-Sphere recommend using a least 3 server:

1 server for control panel (H-Sphere) and database
1 server for mail and DNS1
1 server for web and DNS2

This configuration is because their software is consuming a huge quantity of resource or itís a good solution for a small hosting company, we will normally use WHM and Cpanel. Any combination between dual server with 2 HDD and one other server with large HDD, or just one very good server to startÖ If you have any suggestion or recommendation please let us knowÖ

Any advice on giving the DNS management to a remote DNS management service, any reliable?

Thank you for help

Jacques

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2001, 11:05 AM

I agree with taking the mail and web seperate. There are several place that can handle the dns so for saftey sake I would not put the name servers on the web and mail boxes. I want everything a fail safe as possible so web, mail, database, ns should be seperate.

Old 10-31-2001, 03:14 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

DNS management

Is registerfly or other domain name register enough reliable to manage DNS or it's better to contract a specialize company?

We are using for the moment registerfly.com and the have very good price 9.90 per domain and a very easy interface.

Any advice on this?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2001, 03:28 PM
WHT Addict

About the domain registration with registerfly...

They are great for the end user... However, if you are going to be running a hosting company you will want better prices than that. I personally pay $7.50 for each domain, and that is without any high volume discounts or anything. If you do enough business, you could easily get a lower price than me.

Old 10-31-2001, 03:48 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hi,

NetDotHost who are you using for registration, this a very good price can you fully manage your domain ?, I was thinging also to work with OpenSRS.

Old 11-01-2001, 12:25 PM

If your going to working with tons of domains check out reselling with ultradns.com They do work with companies like bulk regisister but have a api for the smaller companies as well.

Old 11-02-2001, 07:22 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I'm very happy form www.zoneedit.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - May 23, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 17:06:57
Codero Hosting Listing 2014-07-27 23:23:42
RackHigh Launches Saudi Arabia Private Cloud Solutions Web Hosting News 2013-08-14 15:40:47
ZNet Launches New Company NodeFirst to Serve India Dedicated Server Market Web Hosting News 2013-01-02 13:16:39
Web Host Milesweb Launches Dedicated Server Hosting in India Web Hosting News 2012-12-31 10:53:51