Problems with Dialtone (Interland) datacenter?

Hi, any Dialtone customers here?, since 20 or 30 minutes ago I can't access my dedicated server, I went to www.mymanagedhosting.com and it's down. I can not post even a ticket to ask about the problem.

Any ideas?.

Regards!

Yes, my server also down.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

I don't have any light to shed on this, but thought I'd mention that all of Dialtone seems effected. It doesn't even appear to be solely their problem - when I do a traceroute to my IP, it stops on just the third hop (Verrio).

All set now...

Is Chicken around?, he moderates Dialtone forums and I am sure he may have some idea about the problems. I've also posted my question in his forums.

Regards!

Back online. Any idea on what happened?.

Regards!

Originally posted by inca
    I don't have any light to shed on this, but thought I'd mention that all of Dialtone seems effected. It doesn't even appear to be solely their problem - when I do a traceroute to my IP, it stops on just the third hop (Verrio).
    That's most likely because the destination IP of your traceroute has been withdrawn from BGP. In such a situation, your traceroute will "stop" at the first default-less hop. Default-less routers only forward packets for which they have specific routes; there is no "gateway of last resort" to dump traffic onto if the BGP table has no corrosponding entry for that address.
    Jeff at Innovative Network Concepts / 212-981-0607 x8579 / AIM: jeffsw6
    Expert IP network consultation and operation at affordable rates
    95th Percentile Explained Rate-Limiting on Cisco IOS switches

Originally posted by alexis
    Is Chicken around?, he moderates Dialtone forums and I am sure he may have some idea about the problems. I've also posted my question in his forums.

Regards!
    Alexis, I replied to your post on HHO (missed this one). I called in to report the forum server down (it happens), but was informed the servers are up, network issue that's being worked on, no worries says I, and that's all I know about what happened. Didn't want to bug anyone in the midst of problems. I've been working on trying to get someone to post info about things like this (even if after the fact) in the Network section, however I haven't found any takers... yet
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Thanks, already read your post at HHO. It would be great if Interland staff could let us know what happened.

Regards

I don't think that will happen tomorrow, however I have been working on that for the future.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken