Thread: Flash Mx

Flash Mx

Is it just me or does it seem like their isn't really just much tutorials based for Flash mx?

I think that it hasn't been that long since MX was published. Allow people some time to study it thorougly and write some tutorial.

Thanks, and i was wondering how many version down will some tutorials work with flash mx? I mean will some tutorials with Flash 4 work with it? Once again thanks.

I am sure they will. Just make some corrections to the interface.

I can allso suggest that you read "what's new" for MX version and I am sure all the old tutorials that doesn't deal with these new features/updates should work for MX.

Cant you still use some tutorials made for Flash on Flash MX?

Check out www.kirupa.com - it's got some cool info & tutorials for flash.

I use old tuttorials from older versions and they work fine.
    SopranoForum.com - Number #1 Soprano Community
    DivisionHost.com - Cheap & Reliable Hosting Solutions
    Contact Me - Aim:The 2G Support 03 Msn:Support@2ghosting.net

Thanks guys for all the help. I've tried some and some work but, others do not. Anyways once again thanks.

For Flash MX, there are a multitude of tutorials on the Internet.

If you're referring to Flash MX 2004, there are quite a few around, depending on what you want to do.
    Shawn Kerr

Yes, 2004. I've found some tutorials made just for it but, as i realize and was explained above it just came out not to long ago so their hasn't been much time to make very much tutorials for it. Then that lead to my second question of what versions of flash tutorials would work all the way up to mx 2004. And that was also answered above. I appreciate everyones help and once again...thanks.

Flash MX is definately something I would like to get to know better... I wish I knew some tutorial sites myself.

There are tons of tutorials for Flash MX, check out Kirupa like someone else said, also http://www.flashkit.com and if you have a specific problem check out FK's forum. As for Flash MX 2004, there are a few tutorials for it, again check Kirupa, FK, actionscript.org, etc.

Older tutorials will work with newer versions but there are some things that in older versions could have been done through a different way, like adding a scrollbar in MX is easy compared to making one in Flash 5. Also MX 2004 uses Actionscript 2 which could cause a few problems with using older actionscript

I suck at flash, thanks for the info!