Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canadian Gateway

Can you write a list of canadian gateway processor available ?

Thank you.

Try to use the search function, that way, you can probably find review of them as well.

well I did, but mostly they are for US base only.

You can also search with google as well.

Here are a couple that I know of:

1) Moneris - www.moneris.com

This is a joint venture by RBC and BOM

2) Terra Payments - www.terrapayments.com

This is a public trading company that does credit card processing

These 2 seems to be more trustworthy, but since I haven't use them, I can't tell you how good/bad they are.

Hope this can help you

PSiGate has been great to deal with. Where are you located?
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

MyPaySystems has a canadian office and you can choose to take payments in Canadian.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

PSIgate is fine, many billing scripts have APIs for it, but 1) their online interface is from the 1920's and 2) Support is a little tad slow. But all in all, they're satisfactory.
    | Priority support (Since July 2001) | 99.9%+ uptime (Alertra stats available) |
    | Dual Xeon servers at local data center | Premium PEER1 bandwidth |
    | Visit us today | www.webulex.com |

We just finished completing the application for PSIgate, and faxed it in yesterday. VanHost probably knows what Im talking about.

We will see how it goes. PSIgate seemed like the best solution compared to an Authorize.net account.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

We've been talking with InternetSecure.com, so far so good.
    http://www.DynamicHosting.Biz
    Canadian Shared, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting

Originally posted by cMark
    We just finished completing the application for PSIgate, and faxed it in yesterday. VanHost probably knows what Im talking about.

We will see how it goes. PSIgate seemed like the best solution compared to an Authorize.net account.
    Glad to hear things went smoothly. Give us an update once your account has been setup and you start processing with it.
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

PSIgate is fine, many billing scripts have APIs for it, but 1) their online interface is from the 1920's and 2) Support is a little tad slow. But all in all, they're satisfactory
    If you're using PSI Gate, you're probably in Canada. So you can call their 1-800 number and speak to someone within minutes.

We've been talking with InternetSecure.com, so far so good.
    I would recommend againts Internet Secure from personal experience. Their service and pricing is on par with PSI gate, but they do things that are silly. For instance when you charge someone, on their credit card they will see "Your company name via Internet Secure" Instead of just your company name.

I'd look into PSI-Gate if you considering IS.

Just my 2cents.

Originally posted by Reality Hosting
    If you're using PSI Gate, you're probably in Canada. So you can call their 1-800 number and speak to someone within minutes.

Yeah, Bart (one of our reps) lives pretty close to PSIgate. Only about a 20 min drive from them, so things should go pretty smoothly, and if not, well, beware PSIgate.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Originally posted by Reality Hosting
    Their 1-800 number (or any other phone support for that matter) is strictly 9 - 5. It's pop corn when you're running a batch of 1000 at 2 AM eastern and something goes wrong at their end.
    | Priority support (Since July 2001) | 99.9%+ uptime (Alertra stats available) |

Thank you for everyone's suggestions. I did a little search about these gateway processors and coming up with:

1- PSiGate
    reason: mostly recommended and they had a special (February) $29 per month + % per transaction, etc. I surely contact them to have more informations about.

2- InternetSecure.com
    reason: recommended.

3- www.terrapayments.com
    reason: they are new, but they are in the same city where I'm (Montreal) so it would be easy to reach them by phone.

4- MyPaySystems
    reason: uses as third party processor actually.

5- www.moneris.com
    reason: none, driving crazy by reading their website

Thanks alot, I go nuts without your help.

Warmest Regards,

Originally posted by HA-Alex
    1- PSiGate
    reason: mostly recommended and they had a special (February) $29 per month + % per transaction, etc. I surely contact them to have more informations about.
    They seemed very expensive to me, especially if you need $USD and $CAD.
    2- InternetSecure.com
    reason: recommended.
    We've been with them for years. Highly recommended. Best fraud protection in the business, including the new MC and Visa passwords that completely remove the danger of chargebacks. BUT - there doesn't seem to be ANY decent shopping carts or billing systems that support them, and they are expensive if you need more than $CAD.

3- www.terrapayments.com
    reason: they are new, but they are in the same city where I'm (Montreal) so it would be easy to reach them by phone.
    They also have a system that integrates with Quickbooks, which is cool. Expensive though.

4- MyPaySystems
    reason: uses as third party processor actually.
    I would say the least expensive of the bunch - no monthly fees. Most danger of chargebacks, though. Seems to be supported by many carts and billing systems. (I'm assuming carts that support Paysystems also support myPaysystems???)

5- www.moneris.com
    reason: none, driving crazy by reading their website
    Me too. That website boggled my mind. Obviously written by a management committee because it says nothing in a whole lotta different ways. I wonder if they have ever had a single signup from that mess?

Here's one that processes US funds for Canadian merchants. I haven't used them, but it looks like a good deal. Comments?

PayNet Merchant Services, Inc.
    http://canada-merchant-accounts.com/

Originally posted by tveye
    Here's one that processes US funds for Canadian merchants. I haven't used them, but it looks like a good deal. Comments?

PayNet Merchant Services, Inc.
    http://canada-merchant-accounts.com/
    ?!?
    Minimum cost per month $$$62.50 USD, AND you need a US-based bank account and mailing address.

Not a great deal for Canadians.

What do you think of these guys?

www.beanstream.com

I have a friend who is using them and likes them a lot.

Originally posted by sightz
    ?!?
    Minimum cost per month $$$62.50 USD, AND you need a US-based bank account and mailing address.

Not a great deal for Canadians.
    Where do you see that minimum cost? I couldn't find it on the site.

THanks

according to beamstream's site, 'web hosting' is a restricted business type and they won't deal with these types of businesses.

Why?

Personally, I am looking at PSIGATE so far.

snova

Originally posted by tveye
    Where do you see that minimum cost? I couldn't find it on the site.
    It appears that they have just changed their site to hide any pricing info until you fill in all kinds of forms and wait for them to contact you.

The old site listed monthly fees, monthly minimums and gateway fees.

I personally won't do business with someone who can't give their pricing on their website. What do they have to hide?

Originally posted by sightz
    I personally won't do business with someone who can't give their pricing on their website. What do they have to hide?
    I second that. It's a sneaky business practice!

Originally posted by mrzippy
    What do you think of these guys?

I have a friend who is using them and likes them a lot.
    I've tested and used a few of their of their payment gateway interfaces:

- their online form is feature-poor. Customization is minimal, unless you want to modify their spaghetti ASP code (or is "spaghetti asp" redundant?)

- Their SOAP interface works pretty well, but their API needs a proper front-end client if you want to use it with something like .net. I wrote my own, but they should really provide one.

However, they work, they're Canadian, and they've been around for a while. I will still put my clients on their system.

I would still like to see a killer Payment Gateway in Canada, with a great system, good reliability.

what about Worldpay.com? I know how to get some really good deals

Can somehow who has used PSIgate before and is very familiar with it PM me please. I have a few questions about how it works.

Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast