PaySystems or AuthorizeNET

What would be better for a hosting company?

PaySystems
    AuthorizeNet

Let's say transfering $60,000 a month.

I'd like to get a lot of opinions on this.

I'd also like to know about any Horror stories about both services.
    Last edited by bluemc; 03-06-2004 at 12:19 AM.

Authorize.net...no question about it. You'll save approximately $20,000 a year in fees by going with Authorize.net over Paysystems.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Hand-down a true merchant account (Authorize.net) is ALWAYS* going to be cheaper than a 3rd party processor (PaySystems) when you are processing that much volume.

*99.9999% of the time
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

What kind of client management should I go for? I'll be needing a client management & ticket support software. What's the best one I can get?

Also who should I go through for authorize.net does anyone know any authorize.net resellers?

Definitely you should talk to CDGCommerce.com - top notch people to deal with.
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

We use ModernBill and love it. Some people think it's bloated with features, but I figure better to have too much, than too little.

For Authorize.net, I would definately talk to Chris at CDGCommerce (http://www.cdgcommerce.com/whtpromo/). His nickname on WHT is "cdgcommerce" and if you do a search for them you will find many happy customers on this forum alone.

Good luck.

Argh, Tina ya beat me to it

What's better clientexec or modernbill?

I don't have any experience with ClientExec, but I'm sure if you search for "client software" or "client management/billing" etc, you will find quite a few comparisons.

what client/billing management systems can i use?

i've looked at modern bill and modern bill has way too many options..

If you use cpanel then i recommend whmautopilot.com it is very good for the money.
    www.saveserver.com<-- Ask me about low cost dedicated servers
    AIM=cooltjn1

I tried ModernBill, and I thought it was way too bloated. You can check out ClientExec or WHMAutoPilot (http://www.whmautopilot.com). Of the two, I use and prefer ClientExec.

Well count me in the majority here. I just got a merchant account with CDGCommerce, and authorize.net gateway. Love the smooth integration throughout the order process, and of course, the money that will be saved over the long haul makes it all the better Also, if you have a sales force and want to do POS, than your own merchant account is very important.

BTW, I'm also using modernbill. I've thought about switching to whoiscart for the money savings alone, and the features seem great, but my host would kill me (right David?) after all the work he did for me on helping me setup modernbill. Besides, I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Good luck

Thanks for the nice comments, all. They are much appreciated, especially after a long day of travel across the country.

Regarding the question of which billing app is best - that is a really tough one as there are some great options available.

Here is my two cents on them:

1. ModernBill - MB seemingly has the most features but is also the most complicated to setup. That's been the general commentary that we've heard on it from folks using it. I don't really know the folks personally at MB but they are a definite market leader.

2. ClientExec - simple, intuitive, nice PDF invoices and Alberto is always updating it and improving it. It is also very cost effective and they have a great reseller program that seems to have worked out very nicely for folks.

3. WhoisCart - very inexpensive and a lot of bang for the buck. Just like Alberto, Saeven does a lot to try to incorporate user requests into new versions of the system from what I've heard.

4. WHMAutoPilot - intuitive, easy to use and it answers the most popular needs of Web hosts in a way that doesn't require a PhD to implement. Brandee has a lot of experience in this area and his goal was to build a system that would really help Web hosts with managing and running their business in a simple & efficient way.

I honestly don't think that you will go wrong with any of the four solutions above. One way to help determine which is best is to download trial versions of each and see which one holds the most appeal for you and then go from there.

Many times, it just comes down to personal preference.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Just a word on authorize.net, I bought something from a site that uses their services, they said my card was turned down twice. I called the credit card company and they said the order went through twice (Still waiting to hear from the site about this).

It just makes me wonder how reliable they are.

Originally posted by Hero Doug
    Just a word on authorize.net, I bought something from a site that uses their services, they said my card was turned down twice. I called the credit card company and they said the order went through twice (Still waiting to hear from the site about this).

It just makes me wonder how reliable they are.
    Authorize.net???? They're like the biggest online credit card gateway period. They're the 500 pound gorilla to 2checkout and Paysystems er, poodle.

I don't understand though, someone's talking about $60K a month and they don't know the answer to this question already? It would cost THOUSANDS less per year to go Authorize.net over Paysystems. Heck we don't do NEAR $60K per month and it saves US thousands a year in processing fees. I think if I were worrying about $60K per month I'd already know what CMS I wanted to use, and pay processor
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Doug, one thing to keep in mind... if you have a card that gets declined by Authorize.Net (or any other gateway), make sure to check the reason on the transaction detail report as to "why" it got declined.

Sometimes people have their AVS/CVV2 verification settings set a little too tight and as a result, the gateway will process the sale, see that there is a non-match and then auto-void the transaction instantly.

Typically, a voice authorization center does not do that so it will give you an auth on the card regardless of whether the AVS/CVV2 matches or not.

But you could tweak your gateway settings to allow the same through your online system as well if you desired. Just keep in mind that AVS/CVV2 are very useful functions in limiting fraud.

They aren't the full answer by itself by any means but they are a good starting point.

In addition, to re-iterate what some other folks here have said - if you are doing anywhere close to that kind of volume, you'll want to take control of your billing and bring that in-house with AuthNet or another system with your own merchant account.

Not only do you have the benefit of huge cost savings but the extra control & flexibility that you get is worth it by itself.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Authorize .net been with them over a year now and simple love them. Believe me they are reliable and well worth it. Mistakes happen you cannot pass judgement on just this because every business makes mistakes. I believe Modernbill still has the free offer for Authorize.net. You still have to pay the monthly fee's but does not cost you anything to get setup except the purchase for Modernbill. This is a great combination.

Originally posted by sandee29
    Authorize .net been with them over a year now and simple love them. Believe me they are reliable and well worth it. Mistakes happen you cannot pass judgement on just this because every business makes mistakes. I believe Modernbill still has the free offer for Authorize.net. You still have to pay the monthly fee's but does not cost you anything to get setup except the purchase for Modernbill. This is a great combination.

CDGcommerce.com beats their pricing and is a WHOLE lot easier/nicer to deal with.

We were very close to signing with the ModernBill gateway, but I was turned off by the salesperson I dealt with there. He didn't seem to give a flying hoot about our particular needs...only about how fast I could get the application back to him.

CDGCommerce.com has gone out of their way to make sure our specific needs have been met. As Chris can probably tell you...I'm pretty demanding about wanting things a bit different than they normally offer. They've been nothing short of wonderful.

--Tina

CDGCommerce and authorize.net gateway

Chris is a great guy. This company is truely the best to work with. CDG got me setup real fast and Auth.Net with WHMAP works like a charm.

Couldn't ask for more.

cdgcommerce all the way.

We made the move to modernbill in early january and now have several thousand clients in modernbill, it is simply the best we have used. The feature set is hard to beat.

Now to move all the clients out of perlbill.....
    Bill Kish
    TotalChoice Hosting
    Hosting over 50,000 clients since 2000
    http://www.totalchoicehosting.com