Custom WHM skins

Anyone know of anywhere that does custom WHM skins?
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

You may want to check out the cpanel skin websites. I am sure one of them could develop one for you.

If only I had the API for WHM..

I would like to see examples of previous work etc and haven't seen anything on cpanelthemes etc...

I have done two of these. I made them available to resellers for about 6 months. The problem with custom WHMskins is keeping up with the updates. I discontinued the idea myself but will be more than happy to send you over the files.

Never throught in a million years you would touch cPanel/WHM.

Plesk not working for ya

We've been managing cpanel servers for ages and one of my admins is quite skilled in its administration. The thing that always put me off offering cpanel was that I, as the head of technical support, would have to learn it as well. And being busy as I am, just couldn't justify the time. But I always wanted to add to cpanel to our offering due to its popularity and we have been developing a brand for 3-4 months and the first server is just about full from word of mouth among our own clients.

centrahost - that would be great.

Originally posted by centrahost
    The problem with custom WHMskins is keeping up with the updates.
    I agree 100%, I am probably going to develop all my current skins into a there own WHM to go with it but that's what I worry about. cPanel use to do an amazing job saying what they updated now they don't do it so it makes it really hard and I would hate to not add/fix something that needed in WHM. But if there is an interest I will do them.
    CPSkins.com | WHMXtra.com
    12 cPanel Skins, 52 WHM Skins, 12 DirectAdmin,
    60+ Plesk Scripts Linux & Windows & 70 cPanel Auto-Installers

As long as you set your WHM not to update automatically and update once a month or something. You could do WHM skins on a subscription basis or something. Clients pay monthly because you update the skins monthly. I think a nice custom skin would be a great sales tool. The default WHM is so super ugly compared to something like Plesk 7.....

Alright you convinced me to start development of a few. But to be honest I wouldn't charge a monthly fee.

Thanks
    William Wilson
    CPSkins.com | WHMXtra.com
    12 cPanel Skins, 52 WHM Skins, 12 DirectAdmin,
    60+ Plesk Scripts Linux & Windows & 70 cPanel Auto-Installers

How would you handle the constant updates to WHM though? Alot of stuff would format naturally but alot of things (new features in new templates etc) wouldn't....

How much would you charge for a custom skin? Please feel free to PM me...

Originally posted by igy
    I agree 100%, I am probably going to develop all my current skins into a there own WHM to go with it but that's what I worry about. cPanel use to do an amazing job saying what they updated now they don't do it so it makes it really hard and I would hate to not add/fix something that needed in WHM. But if there is an interest I will do them.
    I'm not to convinced that there is really that big a demand for more WHM Themes. The X theme is pretty darn good if you ask me. I understand Dark Orb paid a hefty penny for it, or at least that's the rumor. The TruBlue and Canaries are custom skins created by Juan P. His contact information is easily found at the bottom of the skins. I tend to switch back and forth between X and Juan's themes. His themes are not current and just go to show you how difficult it is to maintain them. I emailed him after he created these and he did display some interest in doing custom work.

I'm sure if William (CPSkins) decides to create a WHM Theme it will be just as good as his popular cPanel Themes.

NexD - I will send you over the files. They will give you the lay of the land. Andrei could whip up something nice, I'm sure of it. Just give me a day or two to dig it up.

Yah thanks, Andrei and I have already discussed it but I'm still summing up options.

13. What do you guys think of a WHM skin with an XP theme?
    Our Cpanel skin is undergoing some heavy revamp and once it is done we might start work on either a WHM theme or another Cpanel theme. The problem with WHM theme is there is not much demand for it.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

If an XP theme is developed we'd be interested.

It would have to be *alot* better than that XP theme for cpanel (that doesn't look like XP but hey, it's blue).

I get lots of positive feedback from clients about RVskin. It has some nice Reseller features and a handful of skins come with it. Makes branding a no brainer for Resellers.

17. Laurence, would you please tell us in what ways we can make it a lot better? I get the impression that you think our Cpanel skin is not up to par.

Originally posted by NexDog
    It would have to be *alot* better than that XP theme for cpanel (that doesn't look like XP but hey, it's blue).
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-08-2004 at 11:40 AM.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?