t-dialin.net <-- how can I block them

p508C695F.dip.t-dialin.net[80.140.105.95]

So I'm getting a lot of attacks from different ip addresses from t-dialin.net similar to what I posted above. What I want to know is how can I find out all of the t-dialin.net ip pools so I can drop them all using iptables?

http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois?form_..._search=Search

According to RIPE, they own: 80.128.0.0 - 80.146.159.255

Yup, we've seen lots of sweeps from this provider in particular - mostly using nessus to scan repeatedly.

Bootssir - located in theplanet? Wondering if they're scanning all of theplanets ranges..

the address space is owned by Deutsche Telekom AG.
    Its dialup address space, ripe netname is DTAG-DIAL[number]
    e.g. DTAG-DIAL1
    http://www.ripe.net/perl/whois?form_...ext=DTAG-DIAL1
    if you want to block all dialup ipranges from this provider, ripe dtag-dial1 till dial18 and use iptables with -j DROP or REJECT option.

If you block t-dialin.net, you're blocking Germany's #1 ISP from your servers. The number of attacks is probably because of the vast number of users of the service.
    Gone.

Originally posted by thedavid
    Yup, we've seen lots of sweeps from this provider in particular - mostly using nessus to scan repeatedly.

Bootssir - located in theplanet? Wondering if they're scanning all of theplanets ranges..
    Yes, I am on The Planet

Originally posted by phision.com
    If you block t-dialin.net, you're blocking Germany's #1 ISP from your servers. The number of attacks is probably because of the vast number of users of the service.

Yeah, I was thinking that. I hate blocking entire ISP's but I also like to take a proactive approach when protecting my servers.

Originally posted by BootsSiR
    Yeah, I was thinking that. I hate blocking entire ISP's but I also like to take a proactive approach when protecting my servers.
    A few T-dialin users seem to be spoiling the service for the rest of the population all over the internet. A smallish amount of users on T-dialin have been abusing QuakeNET (world's largest IRC network) and got the entire domain banned.
    Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

UrbanServers.com - Premium UK SSD Virtual Servers

yeah, that sure sucks to be a legit user when your ISP is loaded with script kiddies and wannabe hackers.