Mini Gisol.com complaint

If you've ever had a site with gisol.com (and you're smart if you haven't,) you've noticed that your site suffers alot of downtime. My site has been down for a while today, and checking the network status, it says,

"web5.mygisol.com is currently being investigated and will be back online ASAP"

Now that's a new one. Now they're getting creative with their downtime excuses.

Sorry to hear about your down time. How much is a lot of downtime?

I am sure some people have been using the BOFH excusses lately for downtime:

http://ballard.freeshell.org/bofh/bofhserver-cgi.pl
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

I dont know your specifics but would be curious how long you've hosted there and why you would continue with poor service?
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

That's funny, Monster.

I registered last summer, and I am in the process of cancelling since autumn, but there's been a few disputes that have been going on for months, and they have my domain name hostage, so I'm working on that before I cancel, and then I'll most likely do a chargeback on my credit card since they refused to give me my refund (if your site is down for more than 24 seconds in a month you're supposed to get a monthly refund according to their TOS.)

24 seconds is a lot of downtime?
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

That's their guarantee that they don't follow. My site is still down and is known to be down for hours at a time, even during non peak hours. I use a monitoring service in addition to trying to visit my website to verify this.

Hmm, I can't find the 24 sec refund clause on the TOS. I only saw a 99.999% uptime guarrantee on the plan page which roughly convert to 43.2 min of allowable downtime in a month.
    Reliability , Consistency , Trustworthy
    http://www.paradoxhost.com

If you go to the hosting page and click on the question mark by the 99.999 uptime guarantee it explains it. On my copy of the TOS that I printed out when I first signed up, it was included in the TOS.

24 seconds, more like 24 days... I have had downtimes into the days with GISOL I had several sites served with them and they all experienced unbelivable downtimes. Forget about customer support, there is none. They have numerous complaints with the BBB and have scammed many. Holding your domain hostage among other thieverish tactics. Stay away from them at all cost.

i'd never signup with gisol after what they did to nosepilot.com

gisol euw they suck

i'm just jumping ship outta there now....they are horrible...downtime ....downloads breaking off.....tech is horrible they are horrible ....never use them

You get what you paid for. Simple.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    You get what you paid for. Simple.

but when your new to this whole thing and the prices vary so much......what is one to do??