Is this a good deal?

I'm looking to start an adult site. I'll be sending out free pages to sites that list links to stuff, can't thinkof the term, TGP? Anyway, i'm expecting heavy traffic once ive lonked up to others and wondered if thi would be sufficient and also whther it was a good deal.........cheers for any help.

Disc space: 1 gig
    bandwidth: 100gig

400 for the year.

That sounds like a good deal if host is reliable. You can get a better deal though.
    Maker of World's BEST Browser & Web site development software.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated *Managed* Web hosting on Linux / Windows with 99.5% Uptime Guarantee with SLA & 90 days moneyback guarantee.
    Contact -> AIM: str1997 | ICQ: 303026849

I would expect a little more HD space, however, it's not a bad price. You should pay monthly initially, though... for your safety.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

I dont know anything about it! What hardware should I look out for? whats that about?

Minimally you don't want to be on a shared box with a CPU slower than 1000Mhz, or less than 512MB RAM. Remember the server you are hosted on is a computer and it should be state of the art or pretty damn close to it. Especially if you're running TGP's that you want to pump major traffic through.

I would even look at a host with SCSI drives as they are 10,000 RPM. Which is faster than the 7200RPM drives most hosts offer. All of our customers serving video content and/or TGP's are on these higher end servers.

Then you want to conduct ping and tracert tests for the host you are considering from the area of the world where most of your customers are and/or will be targeted. Check their Terms of Service/Acceptable Use Policy (TOS/AUP). Make sure your site complies with the same and/or their polcies are agreeable to you. Eg: what do they consider excessive resource usage?? Last but not least you want to communicate with the prospective host and ensure they answer all your questions. How fast do they respond to your email? Can you call them??

Never make a decison based soley on price. It usually ends up costing you more in the long run.

A lot of that went over my head and i'm such a webmong, I cant check any of that right now cos I didnt put the site in favourites and now cant find it!
    Thanks for your help tho, ive made a note and will check when ive located the site.

http://adult-host.co.uk/adult_web_hosting.html
    this is the stuff u get for your money - i notice it says 'unlimited hits'. this site doesnt seem to agree with the word unlimited, can u get unlimited hits without it costing more?

First unlimited hits and unlimited bandwidth are not the same thing. They are giving you an allocation of 100GB per month. You can have unlimited hits however if those hits result in more than 100GB of transfer you will have to pay overages, go offline for the remainder of the month or upgrade your plan. Note that there is no mention of what overages would cost or what a plan larger than 1GB/100GB would cost. This suggests you can not grow with them.

Next I still see no mention of their network and/or hardware. The site is a template and they do auto signups . . . all of which suggest that they are not going to be around when you need them for support. The impression I get form them is self serve. Meaning pay us but don't bother us.

Additionally their regular prices are in my opinion exoribant. The special offering is about what you should be getting from a quality host anyway. The totality of the circumstances are that I would not use/recommend this host.

Originally posted by howard stern
    http://adult-host.co.uk/adult_web_hosting.html
    this is the stuff u get for your money - i notice it says 'unlimited hits'. this site doesnt seem to agree with the word unlimited, can u get unlimited hits without it costing more?

Seems like a good deal, you wouldn't have to worry about going over on bandwidth for that ammount of space.