Would could a 2.4 Celeron server with 512MB handle?

Hello, I am thinking about purchasing a second server, and I would like to move my phpBB forum and website accounts over to it. I am curious to know if the celeron 2.4ghz with 512MB ram can handle that? I have a 2.6 P4 with 1 gig of RAM now that can handle the forum plus another hefty script but it keeps crashing for reasons unknown, and I think it is a script issue so I want to move everything onto one server and the hefty script over to another. Thanks

Well, heavy usage is not realy enough information and will make this difficult to answer... As far as I know, the only differences between a Celeron and P4 are the cache and potentially the FSB (depending on what version of the P4 you have.

How much andwidth are you pushing?

T7702

Well, before I went dedicated I was using about 50 gigs of bandwidth per month, now I use about 300gigs per month but I am sure my forum still uses about 50gigs

Its not so much about how much bandwidth your pushing (although at some point this makes a difference too) but more about the kind of traffic your pushing. For serving up static websites with limited database usage your fine with a 2.4ghz box/512mb ram but throw a couple of large and active forums on there and youll find your box is slow. I would suggest if you are serving more then static webpages to upgrade the memory to 1gig, memorys cheap anyhow.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

how many concurrant connections do your forums generally hit?