Thread: Frontpage

Frontpage

Hey,

I need help. I have learn the website design with Frontpage and everything is going good. Then yesterday I cut on the computer and Frontpage is acting up. When I try to type something it goes soooo slow...the words don't come on the webpage...instead I have to keep pushing the letter/word more than once before it appears.

When I try to access FTP it won't work. I have another FTP program and that one works just fine. Does anyone know what's wrong???

Any help is appreciated.

What do you mean by "You cut on the computer"?

Originally posted by Apoc
    What do you mean by "You cut on the computer"?
    I mean I turned the power button off.

The message I am getting is something about proxy settings and then I get the message about the webserver being out of service and the FP extentions are not installed on the webserver. I have always published via FP and had no problem until yesterday.

Also my computer is going very slow....when I connect to the internet it's VERY fast but my start up page and FP is slow.

Do I need to unistall FP altogether and install it again?? Will this mess up my fee I paid for FP?? would I have to pay it again if I unstalled it and install it again??

Hello,

You may have run into some problems with the FP extensions. FP sites must be published via FP only. If you have FTP'd content and data to the site, then the FP extensions have probably been corrupted. Try deleting everything, remove the FP extensions, re-enable the FP extensions and re-publish the site via FP.

Good luck.
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

Originally posted by AllenB
    Hello,

You may have run into some problems with the FP extensions. FP sites must be published via FP only. If you have FTP'd content and data to the site, then the FP extensions have probably been corrupted. Try deleting everything, remove the FP extensions, re-enable the FP extensions and re-publish the site via FP.

Good luck.
    OK..well that might be the problem. I use two web design software to publish websites. I publish FP websites in my other website design FTP. I didnt know you were not suppose to do this.

Do I need to unistall FP altogether and install it again?? Will this mess up my fee I paid for FP?? would I have to pay it again if I unstalled it and install it again??

Hello,

Make sure you disable the FP extensions at the server. You should not need a re-install of FP on your local PC. Your host probably runs into this all of the time w/ clients and FP. They should have no problem disabling and re-enabling the FP extensions for your domain and they shouldn't charge a thing to do it for you.
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

OK....I have contacted my host.

Since the extentions could have been "corrupted" does this cause the computer to go so slow? When I start a webpage in FP and I go to type something...it doesnt show up. I have to keep clicking and clicking and finally the letters/numbers, etc starts to show......is this suppose to happen also??

Are you editing your pages online or offline?
    If you are editing online then the corrupt extensions could cause the slowdown.

Hello,

Is your PC running slow or just FP? IF everything on your PC is running slow, you have other issues involved.

If just FP is slow, run some tests to determine if it is a local problem or a site problem: Do all of your sites load and run slow in FP, or just a couple? Is FP slow in all operations, or just when connected to your sites? If FP runs fine when not connected to your site, I would say the problem is the site extensions. If FP acts up when it is not connected to a site, then you may have issues on your PC.

I edit the pages online. But when I get online to do other things....my computer goes so fast because I use cable modern. It only goes slow when I go to FP and edit the pages....FP is slow.

But when I turn the power button on when I wake up in the morning it goes slow.....the start up page. It usually goes so fast.

I think FP is doing something to my startup page. If I uninstall it...do I have to pay the fee again to reinstall it??

You don't have to pay a fee to re-install.

Originally posted by AllenB
    Hello,

Is your PC running slow or just FP? IF everything on your PC is running slow, you have other issues involved.

If just FP is slow, run some tests to determine if it is a local problem or a site problem: Do all of your sites load and run slow in FP, or just a couple? Is FP slow in all operations, or just when connected to your sites? If FP runs fine when not connected to your site, I would say the problem is the site extensions. If FP acts up when it is not connected to a site, then you may have issues on your PC.
    MY PC only runs slow when the startup page comes. AOL does just fine....webhostingtalk.com does just fine....internet isnt slow

FP is not really slow...I cant access FTP. I can load my sites to the webpage so I can edit it, but I can't connect to FP FTP.

I am going to uninstall FP and see what happens and install it again in.

Try opening an new page in FP but make sure you are not online.
    If you can edit and there is no slow down you don't need to re-install. You should just need to re-install the FP extensions on the server side.

Originally posted by blue27
    Try opening an new page in FP but make sure you are not online.
    If you can edit and there is no slow down you don't need to re-install. You should just need to re-install the FP extensions on the server side.
    OK....I am going to try this.

It's me again.....I uninstall FP....I think I made it worser. Now I can't even type in any of Microsoft stuff....such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Task Laucher, etc. I can't even type an "a" on the blank pages. I have a hard time typing in FP but as least I can type in FP. I cant even type in the other Microsoft programs.

I am going to call Microsoft and then Dell........

Before I call them do you guys think I should go ahead and use my "backup" Microsoft programs or should I just call them and not use the "backup" software?? Maybe I should call Microsoft....because if FP didnt work when I re-installed in...maybe the other programs wont work either.

Have you run a virus scan and spyware program lately?

WHT...the new M$ support forums.