[RAQ XTR] Cronjobs interfering?

I have a cronjob running on my XTR server which checks every 5 minutes if sendmail and the Mailscanner are running correctly. This works perfectly, only not *.05 hours.

I have this problem since i made some changes in my network and dns settings in the cobalt configuration.

So 1.05 hour, 2.05 hour, 3.05 hour, etc I receive an e-mail which tells that there are problems with the Mailscanner.

The scripts restarts the Mailscanner automatically in case of any problems, and things run perfectly again (for an hour ).

I think that the cron is interfering with a standard cobalt cron. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can check this?

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by tommienbp; 03-05-2004 at 09:36 AM.

Dig into your /var/log/cron to see what is running. Also check in the maillog and message logs for the mailscanner restarts. Are you sure that cobalts system monitor is not simply restarting sendmail?

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

Hmm, could be possible. How can i check that?

I think the sWatch feature of the Cobalt was trying to restart sendmail which doesn't work, because MailScanner has to start sendmail. So i changed:

/etc/cobalt/swatch/services/smtp from
    type = service
    name = smtp
    port = 25
    protocol = tcp
    state = on
    retry = 3
    init = 220
    restart = /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail hard-restart
    seq = 1
    command1 = QUIT
    ack1 = 221

into:
    type = service
    name = smtp
    port = 25
    protocol = tcp
    state = on
    retry = 3
    init = 220
    restart = /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner restart
    seq=1
    command1 = QUIT
    ack1 = 221

Now I receive the following email from my cron.hourly at root.

"MailScanner manually shut down (no file).
    Not restarting."

What could that mean, and how can I stop receiving this message?