Start Own Business

My name is Dwayne and i'm 16 years old, a junior at Vintage High, and I was think that I could just start up a little small hosting business, then get more space/transfer/etc. when more people want to get hosted.. Can you people give me some good offers?

I'd recommend starting out with a reseller account. Unless you plan on skipping a lot of classes or dropping out of school, you'll need to make sure the server is managed.

Also, stop by the Running a Web Hosting Business forum for any pointers.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd....php?forumid=6

i'm 16 years old, a junior at Vintage High, and I was think that I could just start up a little small hosting business
    I'd recommend not looking at it in this manner.

Hosting is an industry full of people that think this way already, and leave clients without support, etc because the person jumping in with both feet, and the outlook above, "just thought they would get in, and it would be easy"

1. It's not an easy industry to make money in
    2. You really need to plan, before you open a business. That is if you have any plans of it growing. You should really think about what you're doing first. Hosting is not a business you "just start."

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but please for the sake of your sanity, and the sake of your potential clients....think this through first.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV

Originally posted by ANMMark
    I'd recommend not looking at it in this manner.

Hosting is an industry full of people that think this way already, and leave clients without support, etc because the person jumping in with both feet, and the outlook above, "just thought they would get in, and it would be easy"

1. It's not an easy industry to make money in
    2. You really need to plan, before you open a business. That is if you have any plans of it growing. You should really think about what you're doing first. Hosting is not a business you "just start."

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but please for the sake of your sanity, and the sake of your potential clients....think this through first.
    Ditto. I am 14 and own my own hosting business, and it took AGES before I got my first customer! Before I started I thought it would be easy, but it isn't! It takes a long time before you start making any money, and you have to have enough money to pay for advertising and paying the hosting (reseller account) bills until you get enough customers you pay for your expenses.

Hosting isn't a business you just 'turn on' and the money starts flowing in. It requires hard work and......money to start one up.

Want to work hard? Have enough money to start up? If so, give hosting a go, the returns will be great if you give it a chance

I'd say you buy the smallest reseller account from a reputable company, buy a few domains and host yourself for a while. Create accounts, move sites, delete accounts etc. Learn how to do all these for yourself and then start doing it for others. Just an idea...

Re: Start Own Business

Originally posted by Dinggus
    Can you people give me some good offers?
    No, or rather they're not really supposed to. You can request hosting through here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Also check out the offers forums and contact those hosts that are interesting to you.
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

If you want to start a company its pretty much what everyone said but you should ask yourself a few questions what is your goal for this company. Is it to make tons of money starting off? Is it to provide low cost hosting while lacking support?

Theirs alot of questions you should ask yourself but I think you have a advantage. Your starting out pretty young and you will gain a ton of experience. The best advice I can give you is to save up your money to be able to cover your reseller account or dedicated server and dont forget this is a real buisness and you have a responsiblity to provide your customers with a service.

~Matt

One last thing you should read these forums to learn more about specials for reseller and dedicated hosting plans, site designing, domain names and about running a buisness...

GOOD LUCK!!!

thanks to everyone for repling.. i have been thinking about this since last year. i'm not very good at art but i am learning slowly.. i plan on learning how to run my own business after my Senior year, and i do want to give out cheap hosting and try to give the best support i can. i already have 1 person that will want to buy some hosting and someone that might get some hosting from me.. I have a few questions and if anyone that would like to help out even more please contact me at amkiz.. thanks