Where can I report fraud and failure to comply to money back Guarantees?

Where can I report fraud and failure to comply to money back Guarantees?

I purchased a hosting plan from a company, and the customer service is deadbeat.

Tomorow I am going to request my money back, and judging from their absolutely slow service, I am sure I will not get a response by the deadline for the money back guarantee.

I want to prepare and enforce the message that I need my money back.

Please send links to fraud reporting sites or other such resources.

thank you

If the company is a reputable one that you choose by using the excellent resources here on WHT (such as this forum in particular) I'm sure that will not be neccesary.

A nice positive attitude goes a long way...
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials

I see.

I don't know how that answers the initial question of where I can report a site that's deadbeat but thanks anyway

Just ask your host for a refund as per their money-back guarantee terms and that you are cancelling service effective immediately. Give them time to figure things out and issue you a refund. Most of the time, the host will probably refund you. If they do not respond or do not refund, then contact your Credit card company and do a chargeback.. use the emails that you emailed to the host as proof for a legitimate chargeback. This is considering that you did use a credit card.
    Saifullah Nasir (AIM: saifullah77)

Originally posted by badbaker.com

A nice positive attitude goes a long way...
    Failing that, so does a chargeback.

If the following conditions apply:

-they have it in writing that you can get your money back
    -You contact the host for a refund (again, warning them you'll take it to the credit card company)
    -You contact PayPal. (Failing that, warning them you'll take it to the credit card company)

The credit card company will usually give you a refund. Call their 800 number for details.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

Great !

This is considering that you did use a credit card
    yes I did use a credit card.

I will make sure I mention taking it to the credit card company

use the emails that you emailed to the host as proof for a legitimate chargeback.
    Ok, so if all fails I go to my credit card company, which is my bank.

When you say use the emails, does that mean that printing the emails I send and presenting the credit card company with the emails?

First contact the hosting company. If they refuse, then go to the credit card company.

If they don't give you a refund, then contact your bank/credit card company.

In the future avoid this problem and aviod a post like this on the forums just pay month by month. I could never understand why you guys put yourselves in this situation by paying for a year?

Plus we only got one side of the story most of the time the other side of the story is never seen here so you can not make judgement on a post like this until you have all the facts.

Plus we only got one side of the story most of the time the other side of the story is never seen here so you can not make judgement on a post like this until you have all the facts.
    I understand what you mean, but I have no interest to change anything in the events described. I want to make my site work and make some money

I bought the minimum plan/ for 3 months not the annual

What would I have to do to make sure the hosting company has really refunded my money? I know I can ask them and give them ultimatums, but until the statement comes in, nothing is certain. IN that case I will still have to approach my bank. Is there something specific I should ask for like some kind of a document?

I personally do not see a problem with annual payments.
    We accept annual payments and have been for almost 4 years...We've been honouring them with no questions asked. We've nto had a single refund request.

I guess it's all a matter of who the host is.

Before you do a chargeback make sure you have every right to do this. Contact the host letting them know what you plan to do give them one more chance to refund your money. If they do not contact your credit card company and explain the situation to them. Only do a chargeback on what is coming to you. make sure you have not broken any of thier terms of service. if you did this would be immoral to do a chargeback. The bank will refund your credit card and the host will probably pay an extra $25 for the chargeback with thier merchant provider. Just make sure you are doing the right thing because chargebacks can hurt thier merchant account.

Originally posted by badbaker.com
    If the company is a reputable one that you choose by using the excellent resources here on WHT (such as this forum in particular) I'm sure that will not be neccesary.

Oh, wait..you weren't joking...

Originally posted by aingaran
    I personally do not see a problem with annual payments.
    We accept annual payments and have been for almost 4 years...We've been honouring them with no questions asked. We've nto had a single refund request.

I guess it's all a matter of who the host is.
    The problem with annual payments is that if you don't like the host, and you are no longer in the money back period, you have just lost a years worth of money.

The problem with annual payments is that if you don't like the host, and you are no longer in the money back period, you have just lost a years worth of money.
    Unfortunately this is true, and while we ourselves offer annual payments, we always suggest to the client to go month to month first, see how they like things etc...Don't just jump in and pay a year up front.

As much as I hate to say it, we have a dedicated client that has paid a year in advance, then found they liked our shared hosting better for them, and now want us to refund the remaining year, and while we certainly consider ourselves reputible, we can't just break our policies for one, without everyone else taking advantage of it.

Policies are there for a reason. To overlook them makes them pointless, and idiotic to even have in place.

I just want to point out something though....

Tomorow I am going to request my money back, and judging from their absolutely slow service, I am sure I will not get a response by the deadline for the money back guarantee.
    You came here to complain and ask about reporting fraud, and failure to comply with a refund policy that you haven't even asked for yet (according to you). I think you're assuming that you won't get it, and jumping the gun a bit in my opinion.

It's cool to be prepared, but sheesh, give them at least the opportunity to tell you no lol
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV

I know it may seem like I am jumping the gun
    I think you're assuming that you won't get it, and jumping the gun a bit in my opinion.
    but I want to be prepared.

This is so because the company has a 14 day money back period, and I am sure that if it comes down to it, an attempt will be made to perpetuate things to a point beyond the dead line.

I want to be ready for anything

so how is what they have done fraudulent?

what exactly have they done?

how much do you think they owe you?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

so how is what they have done fraudulent?
    I might have come across wrong, I am saying that I want to be prepared if something were to happen.

I don't want to have to find out information like this when the time to get money back is running out :0)