Aussie Hosts - refund for services not provided?

Are Aussie Hosts going to refund my money for services not provided?

<< Mod Note: See http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=244159>>

Aussie Hosts deleted my account on Saturday 28 February 2004. I had a twelve month contract that began in August 2003. I paid Aussie Hosts $125, which included about $25 for my domain renewal. Therefore I have paid Aussie Hosts for the whole months of March 2004 to July 2004 inclusive, five months, for services Aussie Hosts have not provided. I believe it is reasonable to expect a pro rata rebate for services not provided. $100 divided by 12 months = $8.33 x 5 months = $41.67 (approximately)

In an email dated Saturday 28 February 2004 Aussie Hosts stated:

"However, we do not wish to retain money for services we have not provided. If you can confirm whether the address below or XXXXXXX is your preferred postal address, I will arrange for a cheque to be sent on Monday for the unused time."

I confirmed my details as requested but no cheque has arrived. If a cheque was sent on Monday as stated then it should have arrived by today, Friday.

As Aussie Hosts are here promoting themselves, I would like to know when I will receive my refund for five months of service not provided.
    Last edited by AussieHosts; 03-05-2004 at 08:20 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you take it up with them?
    This post is totally unnecessary as nobody other than Aussiehosts can answer your question.
      0 Not allowed!

If you are an Australian resident, The Dept of fair trading will be able to help you.
    In NSW for example: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au

However perhaps just waiting a few more days might be the best idea. AustPost can be a bit like Telstra at times...
    Brad Baker www.rochen.com
    Rochen - True Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting since 2000
    Better Support: Expert support 24/7 from Red Hat and Cisco Certified Engineers
    Joomla! Core Team Member Joomla Tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    Why don't you take it up with them?
    This post is totally unnecessary as nobody other than Aussiehosts can answer your question.
    I disagree with you. Aussie Hosts promote a certain self image here. As such my question is wholly legitimate. It will let others see how Aussie Hosts deal with this matter.

This is a real life example of what to expect of Aussie Hosts. As such I think it may be of public interest.

Also as Aussie Hosts are in the public spotlight I may get this matter resolved sooner rather than later.
      0 Not allowed!

Australian, I would suggest you either contact Aussiehosts (maybe you can give them a call) or the Dept Fair trading in your state. You could also send aussiehosts a PM on this board perhaps.
    Nothing is going to be achieved 'bashing' them in this thread.
    a 5 day wait for a letter is not unual IMHO
    If they refused to issue a refund perhaps this post woudl then be very interesting and informative, but as this is not the case.......

I would suggest this thread gets closed.
      0 Not allowed!

When you have a result, then it becomes relevent to this forum.
    Until then it is a customer service issue that should be handled between you and them and not in public.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by badbaker.com
    If you are an Australian resident, The Dept of fair trading will be able to help you.
    In NSW for example: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au

However perhaps just waiting a few more days might be the best idea. AustPost can be a bit like Telstra at times...
    On Monday I sent cheque payment to my new host. They are in a different state to me, as are Aussie Hosts and I.

My new website host received payment on Wednesday.

I would therefore think it reasonable to think I too should have received my money back from Aussie Hosts on Wednesday.

Aussie Hosts stated they would send it Monday, but my mail for today has arrived and I have no refund from Aussie Hosts.
      0 Not allowed!

Australian, I would suggest you either contact Aussiehosts (maybe you can give them a call) or the Dept Fair trading in your state. You could also send aussiehosts a PM on this board perhaps.
    Nothing is going to be achieved 'bashing' them in this thread.
    a 5 day wait for a letter is not unual IMHO
    If they refused to issue a refund perhaps this post woudl then be very interesting and informative, but as this is not the case.......

I would suggest this thread gets closed.

I have NOT bashed Aussie Hosts in my above comments.

It does NOT take from Monday to Friday for mail to arrive.
      0 Not allowed!

The Dept Fairtrading in your state can help you, even if the company is in another state.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Australian
    It does NOT take from Monday to Friday for mail to arrive.
    Sometimes it can! It shouldn't but it can.

I will not post anything further in this thread unless there is someting new to add...

/over and out.

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    When you have a result, then it becomes relevent to this forum.
    Until then it is a customer service issue that should be handled between you and them and not in public.
    The result is, I have not received a refund as stated I would.

I was told a cheque would be sent on Monday. It should have arrived already.

That is an outcome.

I like the idea of resolving this matter here as the weight of public gaze may expedite matters.
      0 Not allowed!

The Dept Fairtrading in your state can help you, even if the company is in another state.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

I want to give Aussie Hosts every opportunity to resolve this matter without recourse to legal action.
      0 Not allowed!

Chris, you know the means to contact Gary, there was really no need to try getting his attention here. I suggest you submit a ticket or email Gary.
      0 Not allowed!