I'm going to chargeback Managed.com

I was trying to cancel my server with them for two month now. I left 5 messages leaving my phone number and information. I told them that I want to cancel my server and don't wan't to be their client anymore.

I have also sent 3 emails to accounting telling the same as on the phone.

No response. They still keep charging me

I'm going to fill the application for the chargeback tomorrow at my bank. I'm tired of that.

null

Sorry for another MANAGED.COM thread

man thats weird, I canceled a clients dev server with m.com today via email to [email protected] and recieved a confirmation back within 10 minutes. They were very polite and given I have the email I don't expect any billing issues, (the email is all VISA needs to chargeback if a problem should occur). I think the phone at managed is just to keep the answering machine employed.
    www.fxpbackup.com
    www.volohost.net
    Gnax dedicated servers and backup solutions.

I think you are supposed to file credit card complaints & charge-backs with your credit card company, issuing bank, etc.; not with internet forums.

Originally posted by dreamscape
    I think you are supposed to file credit card complaints & charge-backs with your credit card company, issuing bank, etc.; not with internet forums.
    heh - I think he knows this - he is just venting

Originally posted by dreamscape
    hehe - but if everybody who got angry at managed.com posted a thread here at wht, i think you would find there would be a significant increase in complaint threads

it's called freedom of speech and if you didn't want to hear about it, just move on to the next thread...

I think managed.com should be baned.

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    I think managed.com should be baned.

i agree
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    i agree
    This will not happen. Managed.com has done nothing wrong to violate forum rules.

Back on topic please...
    Paradox Web Hosting - [email protected]
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com

Why should managed.com be banned?

What, nobody complains about EV1? should we ban them? overall you will find as many compaints about them and nocster.

The reason why managed.com is getting bad reviews IMHO is simply that thier pricing has attracted large number of requests and their support and network is suffering from over demand

Okay we can criticise them for that and rightly so, but as far as I can see they are getting it together and providing an extremely good alternative to EV1, the planet and nocster.

As usual WHT is used as a sounding board for the complaints not the praise.

Originally posted by L Wisener
    Why should managed.com be banned?

What, nobody complains about EV1? should we ban them? overall you will find as many compaints about them and nocster.

The reason why managed.com is getting bad reviews IMHO is simply that thier pricing has attracted large number of requests and their support and network is suffering from over demand

Okay we can criticise them for that and rightly so, but as far as I can see they are getting it together and providing an extremely good alternative to EV1, the planet and nocster.

As usual WHT is used as a sounding board for the complaints not the praise.
    Than perhaps we need a complaints forum to weed out the Managed.com crap. I'd like iNET to say to Managed if they don't open a support forum in the next few weeks they'll ban managed.com from here. This is something urgently needed. Managed.com threads are getting

Good point well made, managed does need to address the issues there is no doubt about that, the managed customers should be taking more time to discuss this with managed.com rather than here.

I think a complaints forum is a great idea, if we restrict all complaints to 1 area and ban them from all other forums I think WHT would be a nicer place to be.

It saves those of us that are happy with what we have the time of being annoyed with all the complaint threads and allows anyone looking for info on a company to just have 1 central area to look in.

Originally posted by Heymish
    hehe - but if everybody who got angry at managed.com posted a thread here at wht, i think you would find there would be a significant increase in complaint threads

Sorry but that's quite ridiculous on your behalf to label such a serious issue as "everybody who got angry at"

Not being able to cancel, getting overcharged, things like this are definitely important info and worth a thread

I definitely want to read it. And you can skip threads like this if you wish

I cancelled my managed.com account 2 days ago and Got confirmation by end of day. My server is still up though :-D Anyway. I haven't gotten charged for the new billing cycle yet. So I think people need to stop starting threads just b/c of one incident and make a general statement like "get your act together" etc. Managed.com has improved A TON in 2 months than ezzi has in like 8 months

You will find most of the negative contributors to managed.com threads have never even used managed.com. But for some reason they feel they have a right to tell us how crap managed.com is.
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!