Thumbs up Ah, this is SO SWEET!

Just set up my new primary PC (the one on which I do all my Web application coding and graphics work) and this time around I did a dual 19" LCD configuration.

Man, double the visual workspace is awesome. I was previously using a 21" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900U as the display device and I liked very good monitor very much...but I'm now loving the new config.

Now I code on the left, display on the right, and no need to fool with max/min the windows.

So sweet!

I highly recommend a dual monitor set up to those who would have a need for that sort of thing.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I doubt i can get used to it if i set up something like that. Part of the fun of using the computer is getting pissed with it
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

FUN?! LOL!

Dayton, Ohio
    Once you go dual.... You can't go back to single.. It just seems so small.. And then there are some who must go even more.... 4 for example
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

I have 3 and I'm contemplating doing a semi-circle of 5. The only thing holding me back from that is having to build a custom desk for it.

Nobody has any idea how much they need more than one monitor until they have it. The increase in productivity I experienced from it was astounding. I wrote like 5 modules for our billing system in the first 3 days...things i"d been procrastinating about for like a year.

I definately couldn't go back to single.

Montreal, Canada
    I would love to go to dual screen configuration, but don't have a PC deserving such a treat nor money to make it happen, even though I usually work with 8-10 launched programs - this could definitely make it easier.

I've used it at our university stock trading room and the experience was amazing.

Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Duluth MN
    I liked my 4-monitor setup. However I had to drop one of the monitors and use it for another system

When I'm really big and uber-stinking-rich(haha like that will happen), maybe I'll do a 4 monitor setup with LCD projectors onto the wall

TWO 19" LCDs?! $$$! Expensive! Here in England, a good LCD/TFT monitor at 17" costs 300-350 (16ms response, high contrast, etc.) and 19" of the same quality is around 500, so having two is 1000 with which you can build a second PC with! I have an uncle with two monitors (normal CRTs) and I have to say it's great. But I had to work hard enough to get the money together for one LCD monitor, another would seriously set me back :p.

What about wanting 4 monitors - what graphics cards support it? I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB at the moment and I know it supports 2 monitors, but 4? ...
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

Sunnyvale, CA
    /me loves his quad-monitor setup. The whole thing is also powered from a single video card.

To answer your question though, most people usually use multiple video cards and let the O/S do the splitting as video cards which are more than dual head are extremely expensive in comparison. (two dual heads can be gotten new for under $200 total where as a new quad head starts at around $500 and there is really no major benefit to using them)

P.S. - for those who are curious I run the Nvidia Quadro4 400 NVS. To my knowledge, it is the only video card which supports quad head for under a grand.
    Last edited by Jeremy Johnstone; 03-04-2004 at 01:53 PM.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog:

Originally posted by N9ne
    TWO 19" LCDs?! $$$!
    Yeah, but the single monitor they replaced (the 21" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900U) cost almost $1,000 alone way back when I bought it.

Still working great, too. Fantastic CRT.