SCO, whats up with them

i just thought id mention this, and some people probably already know about it.
    SCO is filing a lawsuit against DaimlerChrysler and AutoZone (from all companies, they picked autozone???), Novell and of course Red Hat and IBM.

there was a snippet that caught my attention though
    Earlier this week, SCO announced that EV1Servers, an ISP and Web-hosting firm, had purchased an intellectual-property license from SCO. EV1Servers bought licenses for the 20,000 servers in its systems, many of which run Linux.
    thought it was insteresting to share

EV1 is now part of the Axis of Evil.

And SCO will lose every lawsuit and somehow suckered EV1 into given them a million dollar payment for an UNDEFINED license of a product they haven't specified..LOL.

SCO will lose the battle and even if they win? They wills till lose because if they win, they will have to discluse EXACTLY what code was infringed and guess what..withing 24 hours it will no longer exist in any opensource version of Linux..so they are hoping that some of these companies will cave and give them money..lol

I know I will never lease a EV1 server now. And I know many who are on the move to pull theirs out.

I was considering buying a server from EV1 but, now I never will.

EV1 seems to be supporting the enemies of Open-World.. it seems to me there is somewhere Microsoft involved.. just imagination
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Originally posted by domainwala
    EV1 seems to be supporting the enemies of Open-World.. it seems to me there is somewhere Microsoft involved.. just imagination
    Whether SCI wins or loses, Microsoft is loving this. As this thing drags on in court for a couple of years, gun-shy businesses, afraid of lawsuits, go with windows server software. This, of course, equates to increase in Micro$oft market share.

Cheaper than advertising!

microsoft raised them around $80 million or so. how the hell was ev1 suckered on buying the damn lisence....

GREED!!!!!

They opened a new data center the day befor the anouncement.