Google AdSense -.-"

Hi all,
    I'm sure you're all sick and tired of seeing this kind of message, but anyways, yah... I just received my first cheque for the last two months yesterday for an undisclosed amount. Today, I tried to log in to my AdSense monitor panel and I noticed that my account is deactivated. I tried to contact them and have yet to hear from them. Does this happen naturally after you receive your cheque? I don't believe I've done anything against their rules, nor do I believe I've sent in an email telling them to deactivate my account (as I don't see anything of that nature in my in box). Is there anything I can do besides waiting? Should I be seeking other advertisers? Should I remove them ads from my site?

Regards,
    Andy Huang
      0 Not allowed!

google is very strict now. if they deactive your account then their ads won't in display your site, you will a 403 page. there is only one option, you can wait, but 90% of the times they will not reactivate your account. try to find some alternatives.
    BannersMall.com - Banner Design
    Custom Twitter Backgrounds and Facebook Fan Pages - CraftSocialMedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

did you break their (google adsense' s) rules ?
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops
      0 Not allowed!

"I don't believe I've done anything against their rules"
    nu-metal.org :: coming soon
      0 Not allowed!

Yep. Google shut down my account too, but it was my fault. I was a clickin' fool.

Anyways, FYI:
    I waited a while and signed up again. Initially they reaccepted me, but when I filled in the manditory W4 form they shut me down immediately. So, I believe they've got my SS# on a black list and not just my name, address, or URL.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!
      0 Not allowed!

I reckon that's marvelous. should be more of it. If all sites were closed then we wouldn't have to put up with adds. The net would be a leaner, cleaner quicker place.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TheDoctor
    I reckon that's marvelous. should be more of it. If all sites were closed then we wouldn't have to put up with adds. The net would be a leaner, cleaner quicker place.

Doc
    Yes, but if the internet were a single page, think how long it would take to load.!
    You'll get fewer complaints from over performing than from over promising.
      0 Not allowed!

This makes me wonder.....
    Let's say you pissed some guy off so he goes to your page and clicks your ads numerous times. Would google consider this abuse and shut you down?
    I can see this kind of stuff happening.
      0 Not allowed!

Likely.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UniversalGuy
    This makes me wonder.....
    Let's say you pissed some guy off so he goes to your page and clicks your ads numerous times. Would google consider this abuse and shut you down?
    I can see this kind of stuff happening.
    If that happened to you or anyone else, the right way to do after you notice an unusual increase in clicks - report it to Google immediately. Tell them you care about the quality of advertising service provided on your web site and that you'd like them to further investigate this day or a certain period. Tell them that if clicks are in fact false, to remove them. They appreciate the attention and usually respond whether they found something.

Best,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

The thing is, I haven't logged in for a few days, so I don't even know -.-" *sigh* they still have not replied to me yet... hopefully they get back to me soon...
      0 Not allowed!

$%@#, these people at Google... Do they have like grade 1 level reading efficiency and just answer support contacts by copy and pasting from their response book or something? Look at these (sorry, this is directly copied from outlook, so they are ordered in such a way so that newest reply are on top and old replies are down below...

Hello Andy,

Through several reviews of your account, we have been able to reconfirm each time that invalid clicks were in fact generated through your account.
    As such, we will not be able to reinstate your account.

Because invalid clicks were generated through your account, payment for your account has been suspended so that all advertisers could be refunded.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Subject: RE: [#<---EDIT--->] Account Status
    Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:47:19 -0800

Hi there;
    Yes, as you informed me earlier, there are such clicks on my account; however, as I stated in my previous reply, these clicks are not generated by me nor did I instruct any one to conduct such activities. I understand that you are to suspend my account to create a good advertisement service for your clients; however, this is unfair for my behalf as I am not responsible for the clicks. As requested in my previous reply, can you please further investigate into this issue and remove the fraudulent clicks by refunding the appropriate parties involved, deduct the balance from my account and contact me again with additional information on how to get my account reactivated?

Regards,
    Andy Huang

-----Original Message-----
    From: Google AdSense [mailto:adsense-adclicks@google.com]
    Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 4:44 PM
    To: Andy Huang
    Subject: Re: [#<---EDIT--->] Account Status

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your email.

We have reviewed your account data again with the information that you have provided. Unfortunately, after reviewing all the information, we were able to reconfirm that invalid clicks were generated through your account. Therefore, we will not be able to reinstate your account.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

------------------------
    Subject: RE: [#<---EDIT--->] Account Status
    Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:31:11 -0800

Hi there;
    I have not generated invalid clicks on my behalf, nor have I instructed anyone to perform those invalid clicks. Can you please further investigate into this issue and remove the invalid clicks?

Regards,
    Andy Huang

-----Original Message-----
    From: Google AdSense [mailto:adsense-adclicks@google.com]
    Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 12:16 PM
    To: Andy Huang
    Subject: Re: [#<---EDIT--->] Account Status

Hello Andy,

Your account has been disabled due to invalid clicks that were generated through your account. Invalid clicks include but are not limited to any clicks from a publisher on the ads on his web pages, any clicks from a third party on behalf of a publisher, or any clicks generated through any automated techniques such as the use of deceptive software or bots.

Because your account has been disabled due to invalid clicks, we will not be able to reinstate your account. Thank you for your interest in AdSense.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

------------------------
    Subject: Account Status
    Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:10:31 -0800

Hi there;
    I just noticed a couple minutes ago that I cannot seem to sign in to my Ad Sense account of the following details:
    ID: <---EDIT--->
    Domain: <---EDIT--->

I have not done anything against the rules of conduct nor have I received any information regarding to this blockage; can you please provide me with more detail about what is the status of my account?

Regards,
    Andy Huang
    I've just sent in the third request, and I have this horriable feeling that they're going to do the same copy and paste job...
      0 Not allowed!

Andy, if that doesn't help (it looks like it won't), get into Google this way. Sign up for FastClick (they have a contract with Google) network and choose to display only AdSense ads. FastClick will pay you 65%.

Just a thought.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

Yah, I went on a hunt for new sponsor like Google AdSense yesterday and FastClicks was one that I bookmarked among a few others that seemed some what promising. However, it just surprises me how ignorent Google's support can get and not read customer emails carefuly; they are not even answering the customer's request...

What makes this worse is that they mailed me a cheque on 22nd of Feb (for contract reasons, I won't disclose the amount) and I got it one day before they suspended my account. I wonder if I can still go cash that cheque to cover my hosting costs.

*sigh* oh well, enough ranting and back to hunting again...
      0 Not allowed!

gosh ! did you suddenly get 1000 clicks in 1000 seconds or something ? what does google define as a invalid click?
    If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Alfarin
    Yah, I went on a hunt for new sponsor like Google AdSense yesterday and FastClicks was one that I bookmarked among a few others that seemed some what promising. However, it just surprises me how ignorent Google's support can get and not read customer emails carefuly; they are not even answering the customer's request...

What makes this worse is that they mailed me a cheque on 22nd of Feb (for contract reasons, I won't disclose the amount) and I got it one day before they suspended my account. I wonder if I can still go cash that cheque to cover my hosting costs.

*sigh* oh well, enough ranting and back to hunting again...
    Yes you can still get your money as I had same exact problem with them
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Alfarin
    However, it just surprises me how ignorent Google's support can get and not read customer emails carefuly; they are not even answering the customer's request...
    Well first, you're not their customer. They are (or were) paying you -- the advertisers are the customers.

But it doesn't sound like they're not reading your mails or not replying to them directly. It sounds like they don't believe, based on their research, that you are not responsible for those invalid clicks.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.
      0 Not allowed!

According to them; the invalid clicks which cause my site to close
    include but are not limited to any clicks from a publisher on the ads on his web pages, any clicks from a third party on behalf of a publisher, or any clicks generated through any automated techniques such as the use of deceptive software or bots.
    I have no idea what is happening, but in all cases, I'm going to bug them about it until I get a proper response. Its been six hours since I sent in the last reply, I guess they're just plain ignoring me now. Great service; I wouldn't advise anyone to work with them should there be anymore of those "Are Google AdSense Any Good" threads to appear in the future...

Originally posted by Artashes
    Andy, if that doesn't help (it looks like it won't), get into Google this way. Sign up for FastClick (they have a contract with Google) network and choose to display only AdSense ads. FastClick will pay you 65%.

Just a thought.
    I think they also share a same database of domains; I just tried to apply a few minutes ago and it kept on telling me that I already have an account (even though I don't) with that domain and they only allow one account per domain... Are there any other suggestions?
      0 Not allowed!

i've heard many cases like that before ...and they won't show you proofs of invalid clicks either .... i don't trust google anymore
    I think if we could get hundreds of people file a lawsuit against them, i think we would win ...i mean they DON'T show proofs of those fraudulant clicks and yet we know that we did NOTHING wrong against their TOS..
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Kristine
    i've heard many cases like that before ...and they won't show you proofs of invalid clicks either .... i don't trust google anymore
    I think if we could get hundreds of people file a lawsuit against them, i think we would win ...i mean they DON'T show proofs of those fraudulant clicks and yet we know that we did NOTHING wrong against their TOS..
    I totally agree, I myself asked for proof when this happend and they did not have any to show
      0 Not allowed!

Unfortunately I think Google is right and as an entrepreneur; my terms of use would be similar: 0 Tolerance.

Google, Inc. has a reputation to defend, and therefore they just cannot allow these "fake-clicks" on their network.

Imagine publishers talking about that...And advertisers knowing about it. No one would use AdWords anymore.

In other words they prefer to lose 5000 Ad publishers than losing 5 Advertisers.

I wanted to put a site of mine there and it was not accepted. Because I have currently 10+ advertisers on that same site LOL. Now, this is a stupid rule!

NOTE: I am a Google Adwords advertiser So I stay on the quality side.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by UniversalGuy
    Not if you report it.
    I had that happen to me, google just deducted the invalid clicks from my account and blacklisted the IP of the invalid clicker.
      0 Not allowed!

Andy, somehow I feel that it was mostly your fault. I think you should have notified Google right that second when you saw those fraudulent clicks. However, you did not, perhaps because you thought that was to your advantage, or something of the like. But anyhow, I fully support Google. They have to provide their customers with real clicks to their websites, as those customers actually pay a huge sum of fee for the advertisement. Imagine, if Google allowed your account to stay, and there were more and more fraudulent clicks, Google will not tolerate it because the cost will probably go to the customer, and the customer will have to be refunded again and again. Looks bad on them. Just my $0.02.
      0 Not allowed!

This thread is over four months old and was just revived, so Andy's experience is from that long ago.

There are newer threads on the same topic, and the original poster here probably isn't looking for advice and input any more.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks guys.
    I've totally given up on AdSense now, with the traffic I get, I can soon get Burst! Media ads. Mods can close/archive/do whatever with this thread now

Cheers.
      0 Not allowed!