Question when moving a domain via WHM

when moving a domain via WHM

do you first create an acct for the domain with the same user and pass on the new server or is this created by WHM during the move ?

also is there a size limit ?
    BoneFish

If you refer to transfer by WHM, you don't need to create the account. It should be the same username/password, package name, space or bandwidth limit after the transfer. Hope it answers your question.

Just transfer it over using WHM , it will auto create the account with the same package as on the old server. After that just upgrade the account to a package to one you like in the new server. And then change the account ownership to root or one of your reseller account.
    Reliability , Consistency , Trustworthy
    http://www.paradoxhost.com

Thank you ... it appears as though the current host is not going to allow direct access to the domain ‘suspended for resources usage’

.. He is however going to but the backup tar file in another domain that I have on the same server so that I can ftp it home …

what is the best way after that to restore the site ?
    BoneFish

Log in to cPanel, click on Backup and upload tar file in "Restore a Home Backup" field.

Regards,

so in this instance I would need to have the account already setup via WHM with the domain name using the same user id and pass as before … would the WHM acct package need to be the exactly same parameters

Thank You
    BoneFish

I think the best way is still through whm account transfer, just ask your host to enable the account for like 15min to let you transfer. It saves your time and his time too.
    Reliability , Consistency , Trustworthy
    http://www.paradoxhost.com

Originally posted by BoneFish
    so in this instance I would need to have the account already setup via WHM with the domain name using the same user id and pass as before … would the WHM acct package need to be the exactly same parameters

Thank You

Different package doesn't affect your account. But you must have the same username if you used a database.

Regards,

Hi there, i'm new to own a server. i have transfered most of my sites but 2 sites can't be transfer. is there other way that i do transfer or restore them?

Originally posted by intlhost
    Hi there, i'm new to own a server. i have transfered most of my sites but 2 sites can't be transfer. is there other way that i do transfer or restore them?
    Hello,

If you have SSH access, try the method below:

Go to your old Server and type in
    cd /home
    /scripts/pkgacct USERNAME
    move it to a directory that you can download

Go to your NEW Server and type in
    cd /home
    wget http://www.yourdomain.com/cpmove-USERNAME.tar.gz
    /scripts/restorepkg USERNAME

*Replace USERNAME with account's Username

Hope it helps.