Thread: WOW For inflow

WOW For inflow

Hey all,

i thought i would say im pretty impressed with Inflow's Portland Data center. I took a tour today and im pretty impressed!

They left nothing out with the services they provide nor the design of the data center it self.

They are on the expensive side of colocation but in my eyes they are worth every penny they charge.

Thanks
    - James

NOTE: I have no affiliation with Inflow other then being a potential customer! MODS: if this is the wrong forum for this please move to its proper home this is where i think it fits.

For their prices I would expect nothing but the best.
    » ReliableServers.com
    » Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VPS
    » 973-849-0535

Your paying for the eye candy.

Looks awesome from the pics they have on the site. What are the prices like? Any ideas?
    | Priority support (Since July 2001) | 99.9%+ uptime (Alertra stats available) |
    | Dual Xeon servers at local data center | Premium PEER1 bandwidth |
    | Visit us today | www.webulex.com |

We moved over to Inflow recently, and are very happy with them. It's been outstanding service so far.

We're paying a fair bit more than our previous colo provider, but the peace of mind is worth it. The pricing wasn't as much as I'd originially thought it'd be, but knowing a little about negotiating never hurts either .

I think honda.com and some other big site is hosted at Inflow's Portland DC, but I could be wrong. We're in one of their Denver datacenters.

Highly recommended!

honda.com looks to be located at digex in Wash, D.C!
    | Priority support (Since July 2001) | 99.9%+ uptime (Alertra stats available) |
    | Dual Xeon servers at local data center | Premium PEER1 bandwidth |
    | Visit us today | www.webulex.com |

Greetings:

Why is it eye candy?

I hear they are staffed 24x7x365; and that changing parts in and out (aka repair with parts provided) is part of the free virtual hands.

Is that eye candy?

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

The staff in some places is pretty lean. Inflow is a lot of eye candy, nice looking place
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Inflow is also *very* expensive. Informally, they wanted $250/Mb for a 20Mb/sec burstable commit. However, they do have very high-end facilities.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I did a tour of Inflow a while back, during the construction process.
    I have to say, one of the most impressive facilities I have seen, even compared to TW's facility here.
    Its out of my price range, but you defenitely get what you pay for!
    Brent Jones
    Unix / Linux Systems Administrator (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Redhat, CentOS)
    cPanel, Plesk, Ensim, DirectAdmin Installations and Support
    Contact me (brent [at] servuhome [dot] net)

"Eye Candy" - is in the eye of the beholder..

Yes, Inflow does charge more as do we. But that is one of the reasons that companies like Inflow and e^deltacom and a few other big-boys are still around and Exedus and many others went bye-bye.

Serously though - When you are considering a Colocation / Managed Hosting Facility more "Eye Candy" is a VERY GOOD THING... It means that the faliclity has a significant investment in the operation and is comitted to providing the BEST services. And yes "Providing The Best Services" costs money..

I am glad to see that most everyone appreciates quality...
    e^deltacom Carrier Class Data Center near Atlanta *Colocation and Managed Hosting
    We are a Tier-1 Facility * Providing Tier 1 Service for Web Hosts and Enterprise Clients
    Mark Reedy - Account Executivemreedy@edeltacom.com
    866-600-3266 Ext. 5199

Nice plug Mark.

Eye Candy? I love eye candy. The fine 36-24-36 woman on the beaches in SD are my Achilles Heel. But hey, large woman have great personalities. Just like a half-a$$ colo.

If you are sick and needing an operation, would you rather be walking into a third-word hospital or one in the first-world? That is the way I feel about DCs. Raised flooring, separate AC DC rooms, generators, battery rooms, blah -blah -blah. It just makes me sleep easier and it is also a great selling point when showing prospective customers. I hate DC where you walk in and crap is everywhere, cables all over, concrete floors, AC units in the way so you can't get crash carts around them.

We almost went with Inflow. However right before we signed, I read some info that the SD facility was going to lose 24/7 support. As did the Verio DC here. So we bailed.

I have always been impressed with Inflow and the quality they represent. When you start beating them up on price, they really are not that expensive. $250/Meg isn't that bad considering the DC and network in my opinion. Also, $250/Meg is the lowest I have ever heard them go for actual usage rates.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

It means that the faliclity has a significant investment in the operation and is comitted to providing the BEST services
    I don't think a good looking datacenter really has anything to do with it's actual performance. I have seen some very plain datacenters that could run circles around the ones with "eye candy".

The reason companies like Inflow are still around is because they did not run completely out of money. They came really close, there was a week when they did not know if the doors would be open on Monday....
    Mike @ Xiolink.com

BTW, mreedy very nice DC!
    Mike @ Xiolink.com

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    When you start beating them up on price, they really are not that expensive.

Shhhhh! Don't give away our secrets...

Thank you, Rackmy.com - Kind words are not common these days..

Later....
    e^deltacom Carrier Class Data Center near Atlanta *Colocation and Managed Hosting
    We are a Tier-1 Facility * Providing Tier 1 Service for Web Hosts and Enterprise Clients
    Mark Reedy - Account Executivemreedy@edeltacom.com
    866-600-3266 Ext. 5199

When I say eye candy I mean the leather couches, plants in the lobby, receptionist, etc.

Eye candy has nothing to do with managed services, bandwidth, or computers at all (unless they have a bunch of plasma screens in the lobby displaying stuff).

When I said Inflow provides "outstanding service" I don't think it conveys what I really mean.

I'm talking about service where they go above and beyond our expectations -- times where we've been surprised and elated at what they'll do for us, along with the systems and procedures they have in place.

I know I'm sounding like a fanboy, but I just want to give Inflow the credit I feel they deserve. I'll be the first to admit I don't have years of experience in the colo industry, so I'm sure there are other providers who give this level of service and even more.

Finally, I haven't seen much eye-candy myself. The DC we're in doesn't have leather couches, a cute and unnecessary receptionist, flat-screen TVs showing Inflow ads, etc. I didn't notice luxuries like this at Inflow HQ either, but maybe some of their other DCs do.